Chapter 31: Getting Out

2 days later...

The coldness from the concrete makes me shiver. I haven't been able to do anything but stare up at the ceiling for the last few days. My brain won't rest.

Negan went easier on Nate than I thought he would. The iron is absolutely horrible but it's not death. Maybe he's keeping him alive so he can still have leverage over me.

A small sliver of light shines over me as the door slowly opens. I take a deep breath anticipating what other punishments Negan has in store for me.

"Rise and shine sleeping beauty" he smiles at me like nothing ever happened. I expected him to still be pissed.

I put in little effort and turn my head to look at him. I don't bother getting up from my back. He strolls over to me and tugs me up by my arm. The force he uses hurts since my body aches from sleeping on the hard ground.

"I take it you learned your lesson. You're gonna be my sweet obedient and loyal wife from now on right?" his hands gently fix my bird nest-like hair.

I nod, showing my compliance. He's the God of this place and being locked away from this time has made me realize this. There's no way to get one over on him. For as long as I stay here, I will have to play by his rules.

A wicked glimmer in his eyes shines through, he throws his arm around my shoulder and leads me out of the box that's kept me captive, "Let's hope so, the iron is always waiting if you decide to make any more bad choices".
____________________________________
The walk down the hallway feels longer than normal. Negan's been talking my ear off the entire time telling me how excited he is for this 'new' chapter in our life. There's a sense of change lingering in the air.

We approach the bedroom door but to my surprise, Negan doesn't stop, instead, he continues to take me elsewhere."Where are we going?" I ask reluctantly.

"You need a checkup after being in that cell for so long. I need to make sure my baby girl is okay" he takes my hand and brings it to his lips romantically.

Negan barges into the doctor's office without knocking or giving any warning, "Carson, I need you to give my girl the pills we talked about yesterday".

Pills are a little extreme, I don't think I need anything like that. I'm going through more mentally than I am physically.

Dr. Carson immediately responds and takes a bottle of pills out of a cabinet, "I have them right here but she needs a physical exam first to make sure she's healthy".

My eyebrows furrow, so if these pills aren't supposed to make me healthier than what are they for? I'm not an expert but this doesn't seem right.

Negan consents and gives Carson the go-ahead.

"I just need to ask you a few questions before we get started", Carson turns his attention to me and puts on a blue latex glove in true doctor form. "Do you have regular periods?"

I have to think about it for a moment. I can't remember the last time. "I get them every once in a while but not lately"

He writes on his clipboard, "ok, that's what we need to take care of first. I'm going to start you on a more nutrient-dense diet. This will help prep your body for conception".

The last word in his sentence makes my heart drop to my stomach, "conception? I don't understand".

Dr.Carson begins to explain, "In simple terms, conception is when the sperm cells-". I cut him off before he could go on a tangent. "No, I mean I don't get why this is apart of the exam. I'm not trying to get pregnant" I further clarify.