Chapter 12: A Saviors Trip

The wind pushes on the car to no avail as the tires make their monotonous hiss over the old dirt roads of Virginia. No matter how much I hate where I am right now, we're going forward and nothing can change that.

"If you don't give me a hard time, today, I'll give you and Nate some time together when we get back"

"really?" my head whips in his direction.

"yep, like I said yesterday, I want to keep you happy, Carmen" he flashes me the signature smile that he always does.

"thank you, Negan. I promise I won't do anything to upset you" I express my gratitude to him, even though I know I shouldn't be. He's the one forcing me in this situation anyways.

"No worries, honey," he says as the truck comes to a stop. "show time!"

I watch from the passenger seat as everyone gets out of their vehicles. It puzzles me how the Saviors have been able to take control of this seemingly strong community. Their walls are tall and I can see that they have a fully functioning windmill.

Dwight comes over to my side and opens the door, "Negan wants me to look after you until he's ready to introduce you to Rick" he extends his hand to me and I take it, climbing out of the truck.

"Stay close to me and you'll be fine"

"Okay, but where did Negan go?" I look around searching for him.

"he's already in there, " Dwight begins to walk away and I quickly catch up to him.

"So, what is the real reason he brought me here?" I try to pry him for answers.

"I don't know, he probably doesn't trust you to stay home by yourself. I mean, you did already attempted to escape once"

"fair enough", I mumble under my breath.

We continue the long walk into the community, the sight is breathtaking. I haven't seen houses this well kept since the world went to shit. They seem peaceful, it's sad that Negan has to get involved.

"For now, You can come help me clear out this house," Dwight says as we approach a random persons home.

I walk up the steps of the porch, following behind him.

He opens the door to reveal a fully furnished living room, "start looking through the cabinets for anything valuable" he orders me as he goes upstairs.

My heart rate is up and my senses are alert, I can't be too comfortable in an environment like this.

I slowly walk over to the kitchen, it's clean. Whoever lives here, definitely has a really good life.

I begin searching, I don't know what I should be looking for but I have to do whatever Dwight tells me if I want to be able to see Nate when all this is over.

"How's it going down there?" Dwight yells from the other end of the house.

"Um, good" I reply hesitantly then return back to I was doing.

The kitchen is filled with nothing that would be useful, except food, but I don't want to be the one to take it.
This whole thing just feels so wrong to me, I know in the apocalypse you have to take what you want but I still can't get over the feeling of guilt.

I deeply inhale then exhale in frustration, I give up.

I sit on the couch in the living room waiting for Dwight to be done.

It takes about another 10 minutes before he comes down the stairs holding a completely filled box. 

"Did you find anything?" He asks, in a confused tone.

"No, only food. I tried my best though" I answer him looking down at my feet.

He nods emotionless and continues out the door. I hurry to follow him.

As I walk through the community, I suddenly hear a familiar voice scream my name.

"Carmen! Come here love, I have people who're dying to meet you"

It's Negan.

I look to my right and there he is, standing next to two men I've never seen before but I'm assuming one of them is the leader.

I immediately rush over to his side, everyone's eyes focus on me as I run to them.

"Carmen, this is Rick the prick and Daryl, they're the people I told you about earlier" he grabs me by my waist, pulling me in close.

The blue-eyed man gazes at me fiercely but the other man stays focused on Negan.

Rick's expression is one of hate and bitterness.

"Don't be assholes, say hi!" Negan tells them, with a mischievous smirk.

"Hi," The man named Rick says, still looking at me with anger but the other man stays silent.

"I know you two probably already guessed it by now, she's my hot as hell wife," Negan glances at me seductively. "Isn't she just the most beautiful woman you've ever seen?"

The two men both look at each other for a brief moment, then Rick nods.

My face glows red with embarrassment, I'm not used to being the center of attention like this.

"No disrespect, but I don't give a fuck about your girl. All I want to know is when are y'all leaving" Daryl says in a southern accent.

My eyes grow wide at his confidence, No one ever talks that way to Negan.

"Woah, hold on there, redneck, don't forget who's in charge. I don't want to have to prove how serious I'm again" Negan threatens, holding on to me tighter.

Rick puts his hand on the other man's shoulder to calm him down, "we don't want any trouble. We already agreed to work for you".

"Now that's the shit I like to hear!" he glances at me in joy, "things go a lot smoother then people know their place, isn't that right Carmen?"

"Yeah," I say quickly to get the attention back off of me.

"Anyways, It's been real fun hanging with you two but I'm afraid it's time for us to go"

My heart flutters when he says this, I can't wait to get back to the Sanctuary so I can see my real husband.

He grabs my hand and turns away from the two men, walking back to the truck that we arrived in.

"Let's go home!" He yells to the other saviors,

Everyone rushes to finish loading up the trucks, knowing that when Negan get is ready to leave they don't have much time left.

Before he gets in he helps me into the passenger seat, I thank him and he nods.
It's such a relief to be leaving this place, it was really getting hard for me to watch how these people were being mistreated.

"Good job today, hun, looks like you behaved yourself," he says smiling at me as he starts the engine.

"so can I see Nate today?" I look at him hopelessly, scared that he still might've changed his mind.

"of course, when you're a good girl for daddy, you get rewarded"

He then leans over the middle console and grabs my chin in his hands.

"but don't forget you're mine now" he kisses me slowly, his tongue wildly claiming my mouth.