Valvoline 200

We start off with the 5th annual Valvoline 200! Who will be able to take one of the crown jewels home for the biggest race of the MDCS season!

Colton Layne for MSA will start on pole, with Alex Fletcher for TSR starting P2. 3rd for DYI is Bobo Jones in the #77. P4 for Smart Motorsports is Eric Monaco in the 02, P5 is Preston Emmons for CFRO in the #94 car. The pace car pulls down pit lane as the green flag flies at Daytona! 

Off of turn 2, Layne clears Fletcher from help with Jones for the lead. Layne maintains the lead and will lead lap 1 of Season 5. Preston Emmons and Jacob Rose into turn 1 will jump out in tandem and take P2 and P3 away from Bobo Jones respectfully. Down the back, Emmons makes a peak for the lead into turn 3 and will complete the move leading lap 2. Through 1 and 2 Cody Smart tags the outside wall and starts dropping spots more and more. Down the back, Jacob Rose gets a massive run with the help from Jeffery Finguy and will make a move for the lead into turn 3 on lap 3. Jacob Rose will lead lap 3 for RER and leads the first lap in his NSDCA career. Jeffery Finguy looks underneath Rose and will take the lead into turn 3 leading lap 4. Into turn 1, Fletcher, Onjack, and Emmons will make a move underneath Finguy forming a Dodge 1-2-3. Emmons leads lap 5, but Fletcher forces it down the inside in turn 1 on lap 6 taking the lead. Into turn 3, Jacob Rose peeks underneath Preston Emmons and William Duncan forces it 4 wide with Jose Millz on the bottom! Rose squeezes Duncan and Millz to the bottom 2 lanes. Millz slides up the track into Duncan and Rose forcing Emmons into the wall! Millz and Emmons spin across the track! It's the big one at only lap 6 of 25! Rose catches air after hard contact with the outside wall! Massive hits for Sladek and Smart as Cody goes up and over flipping wildly in the grass! Austin Murray rolls over by the wall one timee, 90% of the field was in this wreck! Eric Monaco and Jesse Turner flip with Turner's car on top of Monaco. Murray flipped and refired and started rolling in the pack of damaged cars. Cody Smart suffered a mild concussion but is cleared for Vegas.

On lap 11 of 25 we will be back to green flag! Coming to green Preston Emmons pulls down pit road. Fletcher leads Onjack, Smith, and Cloud through turn 1 and 2. Smith moves Onjack out of the way for P2. Emmons looks to be stuck in 3rd gear, or has severe engine damage. Evernham and TSR are alliance partners, but Smith tries to take the lead! Fletcher into 1 will clear Smith once again. Into turn 3, Smith tries to take the lead back again! Smith leads lap 13 as a massive pack forms for the lead! Fletcher leads lap 14 with help from Layne! Emmons is slow as Layne almost drills him! Emmons holds up Onjack, Johnson and McShane! Layne makes a late move to lead lap 15! Fletcher tries to take the lead into turn 3 on lap 16 as it's the 48 v 14 once again! Layne clears once again and leads lap 16! Duncan and Fletcher lays back as Fletcher forces Duncan wide! Fletcher ducks under Layne and leads lap 17! Layne clears Fletcher on the high side! Duncan takes P2 as now it's a battle to chase down this 14 car! 7 to go for Colton Layne! Fletcher moves to the inside for P2 now as he's had enough of Duncan blocking! Fletcher to the inside to try and lead lap 19! Layne into 3 peeks to the inside of Fletcher! Layne leads lap 20 with 5 laps to go! Fletcher flies by Layne and takes the lead into turn 3! 4 to go for Alex Fletcher! Fletcher clears Layne again on the high side! Duncan into P2 as Wells works into P3! 3 to go for Alex Fletcher! Duncan tries to take the lead into turn 3! Duncan stays in line coming to 2 to go! Layne closes in but has no pace through 1 and 2! 3 lap cars are ahead with only 1 1/2 laps to go! Clifton holds Fletcher up! Fletcher to the inside with 1 lap to go! Millz blocks Fletcher! Fletcher clears Millz! Alex Fletcher holds off and will win the Valvoline 200! 

Top 10 in Race is as follows
1. Alex Fletcher
2. William Duncan
3. Colton Layne
4. Mike Cook
5. Matthew Brown
6. Larry Hagen
7. Antonie Smith
8. Dillon Young
9. Steven Wallace Jr.
10. Mathis Wells

Top 10 in Points is as follows
1. Alex Fletcher
2. William Duncan
3. Colton Layne
4. Mike Cook
5. Matthew Brown
6. Larry Hagen
7. Antonie Smith
8. Dillon Young
9. Steven Wallace Jr.
10. Mathis Wells

Lap leaders are as follows

Lap 1: Colton Layne
Lap 2: Preston Emmons
Lap 3: Jacob Rose
Lap 4: Jeffery Finguy
Lap 5: Preston Emmons
Lap 6-12: Alex Fletcher
Lap 13: Antonie Smith
Lap 14: Alex Fletcher
Lap 15-16: Colton Layne
Lap 17: Alex Fletcher
Lap 18: Colton Layne
Lap 19: Alex Fletcher
Lap 20: Colton Layne
Lap 21-25: Alex Fletcher

Number of laps led

Alex Fletcher: 16
Colton Layne: 5
Preston Emmons: 2
Jeffery Finguy: 1
Jacob Rose: 1
Antonie Smith: 1