Coors Light 250

We head to the second race of the West Coast swing with a new track to the schedule! Mesa Marin comes up from the DPDS and will host the first short track race of the CRTS season.

On pole today is Jay Jefferson for TSR, and on his outside is Peter Onjack for OnjAuto. Row 2 consists of DJ Gibson on the inside and Larry Hagen, who is replacing Jake Galloway on his outside. Row 3 is Jose Perez, last week's winner for GDI. On his outside is Tib Foster for OnjAuto. Row #4 consists of Austin Murray for MSA, and on his outside is Gatlin Downey for Rockstar Energy Racing. Rounding out the top 10 is Steven Wallace Jr on the inside and Ryan Butcher on his outside. 

DNQs
#21 Alex Fletcher
#30 Luke Rainey
#63 Joseph Srigley
#72 Matthew Brown
#90 Austin Delgado
#98 Chris Dobrick

Jay Jefferson leads the field to the green! JJ clears Peter into turn 1. On lap 4 into turn 1, DJ Gibson forces his way underneath JJ and will clear taking the lead! On lap 6 caution flies for the first time today! Sebastian Cucalon is smoking, his day is done. After AJ Jones stacks some of the field up, Sebi is turned by Brady Burkhart, a driver who is under probation by the NSDCA, Carson Bauers turns Sebi just enough where Logan Bradley nails him. Sebi goes up and over, but his day is done. 

On lap 11, Gibson leads the field to green! On lap 15, Logan Bradley comes off of pit lane and mixed in with the leaders. Bradley keeps holding Hagen up, as he drops another spot to Onjack! Murray gets around now as he is stuck behind Bradley. Bradley back into Hagen again! SWJ gets by Hagen before Larry gets around Bradley. Yellow lap 25 of 75, as Brady Burkhart is slow! Out of 4, Brady went too fast and slammed the outside wall. He shoots down into Yepez, spinning him out. Everyone avoids those 2, but Brady is looking at a potential suspension. 

On lap 30 Gibson leads the field to green as Peter makes a move for P2! Lap 33 the yellow flies once again. This time the yellow was brought out when Alex Peters turned Porta down the front straight, Porta bounces off the inside wall and had it saved until his teammate Zachary Fitzwater Sr got him on the door sending the 20 around.

On lap 38, Gibson leads the field to the green! Onjack with an amazing jump! Onjack clears Gibson out of turn 4! Onjack to the lead! The flashbacks to Season 1, the top 2 in those points are 1-2! It's Onjack vs Jefferson, a battle in trucks people have been wanting for as a battle for the win! Onjack clears Nosler with 25 laps to go now. Lap 62 caution flies! Big stack up by the finish line! Onjack squeezes through and nearly beats JJ to the line! Heavy damage for Austin Murray! He had a strong truck that could fight Peter! The yellow is out as Ryan Butcher had a mechanical failure on his truck as Friesen nails him and the stack-up is on from there. Trucks just pile in. 

On lap 68, Peter Onjack leads the field to green! JJ gets a good jump, but Peter maintains his lead! JJ goes high out of 2 and Peter starts to pull away! JJ goes high in 1 and 2, Onjack goes high in 3 and 4! The tires are fading! 4 laps to go for Onjack! Peter takes the white flag! Out of turn 4, 4 years he's waited for this day again and it finally came! Peter Onjack breaks through and wins at Mesa Marin!

Race Results
1. Peter Onjack
2. Jay Jefferson
3. Larry Hagen
4. DJ Gibson
5. Carson Bauers
6. Gatlin Downey
7. Logan Cloud
8. Eli Bright
9. Tib Foster
10. DJ Kurtis

Point Standings
1. Jay Jefferson
2. Carter Friesen
3. Logan Cloud
4. Peter Onjack
5. Brady Burkhart
6. Zachary DiLello
7. Irving Allison
8. Alex Peters
9. Dusty Neel*
10. Jose Perez*

* indicates wildcard

Laps led
Jay Jefferson: Lap 1-3
DJ Gibson: Lap 4-32
Steven Wallace Jr: Lap 33
DJ Gibson: Lap 34-36
Peter Onjack: Lap 37-75

Lap Leaders (Total laps led in a season)

Peter Onjack: 39
DJ Gibson: 34
Logan Cloud: 32
Alex Peters: 22
Zachary DiLello: 20
Brady Burkhart: 17
Carson Bauers: 15
Maxwell Fey: 7
Jay Jefferson: 7
Jose Perez: 6
Carter Friesen: 3
Ryan Butcher: 2
Steven Wallace Jr.- 1