Kobalt Tools 350

We head to Sin City for the first round of the West Coast Sweep in the CRTS! On pole today is Brady Burkhart running his S2 Toyota Tundra that got him the win last season. On his outside is the #25 of Carson Bauers for OnjAuto. Starting P3 is Alex Peters in the #45 for Zachary Racing, he dominated the CR300 leading 22 of the race's 50 laps. Starting P4 is Ryan Butcher for SBR. P5 is the CR300 winner of Zachary DiLello for his own team Zachary Racing. P6 is DJ Kurtis in the #5 for DYI. P7 is Logan Cloud in the highest GMC truck for P2M. P8 is Jose Perez in his GDI truck, returning the 35 to its normal form. P9 is Maxwell Fey for BGM, and 10th place is Sebastian Cucalon for RER.

DNQ's

#01 Anthony Leeman
#07 Daniel Elliott
#27 Steven Wallace Jr.
#30 Luke Rainey
#36 Alex Kraft
#63 Joseph Srigley
#71 Johnny Zod
#76 Celen Nosler

Some facts about the race

A brand new speedway package is introduced in race form today
Brady Burkhart is the defending winner of this race
We have had no yellows in the past 2 events at this track
The race is 67 laps which are roughly 100.5 miles
The fuel window for the day is 28 to 32 laps

Brady leads the field to the green! He will lead lap 1! Matthew Brown has a mechanical problem as Goforth nails the wall hard and is turned down into the #81 of Mark Sylas! Sylas nails Stapleton and spins across the track! He hits the outside wall and spins, but there's no caution! Into turn 3 on lap 5, Cloud looks to the inside of Brady and clears off of 4! The yellow flag is out! Head, Foster, and Downey are around as Freeman forces Stapleton into the wall, spinning him out! Heavy damage for Fitzy. On lap 7, everyone comes down pit road, led by Logan Cloud. Carson Bauers leads the field out of pit lane, followed by Maxwell Fey, Ryan Butcher, Logan Cloud, and Anderson Reed rounds out the top 5. The crash happened when Benyacko forced Head up the track and into Bradley. Several cars get nailed and spun as the crash carries down the front stretch.

On lap 11 of 67, the green flag flies and Brown leads the field to green 5 laps down (2003 was fun times (: ) On lap 14, through 1 & 2, Ryan Butcher makes the move for the lead past Bauers. The yellow flies once again! Jake Galloway is flipping down the straight! Gatlin Downey nails Bright before he disappears to pit road! 3 of the 5 TSR trucks are out with massive damage to them all! Butcher leads the field down pit road. Mostly leads them down! DiLello and Yepez stay out! DJ Gibson and Brady Burkhart goes fuel only and will lead the rest of the field off pit road, as Bauers is 3rd off, putting him in P5 overall. Logan Cloud has a very slow stop and an even longer getaway, signaling either the team had a bad stop, or Cloud stalled and needed help getting off. The 2nd yellow of the day started with Nicky Morris sliding up the track into Galloway and Cucalon, slamming all 3 of them into the outside wall. Christian Vargas was tagged by Galloway sending him into the outside wall, Riley Spurlytube nails Galloway driver door first, giving flashbacks of the testing crash that put him out of the 28 truck for the entire season. The first reports of Galloway were complaining of left side pain and speculation of broken ribs on his left side. 

Lap 19 of 67, DiLello will lead the field to the green!  On lap20 into turn 2, Brady makes a dive and stays beside DiLello until off of 4 where he completes the pass. Off of turn 2 on lap 21, Bauers pulls the same move that Brady did on DiLello and takes the lead off of turn 4. Off of turn 2 on lap 30, Perez makes the move and clears down the back before entering turn 3. On lap 34, the yellow flies as Benyacko and Butcher are sitting on pit road. The caution comes out when Cloud sends it in on Benyacko spinning him out, sending him into the path of Butcher as they collide sending them both down the track as Bradley makes slight contact with the front end of the #00. In the pits, Brady leads the field off as Jose Perez has a bad stop and ends up 4th.

On lap 38, Brady leads the field to green! On lap 40, a caution comes out as Alex Peters sends it into Anderson Reed through turn 1 spinning him into the wall, thankfully no-one else is involved. During pit stops, Jay Jefferson takes only fuel and takes the lead over from Brady.

On lap 45, Jay Jefferson leads the field to green! On lap 46, with help from Zachary DiLello, Carter Friesen takes the lead away from JJ. On lap 49, JJ into turn 3 will take the lead from Carter Friesen. The next lap out of 2, Logan Cloud takes the lead over before turn 3. On lap 51 into 3, Brady Burkhart sends it into Maxwell Fey and sends him into the outside wall. Fey drifts down the track as Anderson Reed drills him in the back left wheel. Fey spins down the track into Ethan Head, popping him into the air. Mark Sylas and the 21 of Alex Fletcher hit the 41 as Diego Yepez sends Fey into a flip, he bounces off Sylas and rolls down the track 4 times landing in the grass. 

On lap 56, Logan Cloud leads the field to green! On lap 62, off of turn 4, Brady Burkhart dumps Zachary DiLello bringing the yellow out! 

With a one-lap shootout, Logan Cloud leads the field to green! Into turn 1 Jose Perez makes the move to the inside and stays there until turn 3 where he will clear! Off of turn 4, Jose Perez will win the Kobalt Tools 350 at Las Vegas!

Race Results
1. Jose Perez
2. Carter Friesen
3. Logan Cloud
4.Jay Jefferson
5. Peter Onjack
6. Austin Murray
7. Carson Bauers
8. Matty Porta
9. Brady Burkhart
10. Paul Jackson

Points Standings
1. Carter Friesen
2. Brady Burkhart
3. Zachary DiLello
4. Jay Jefferson
5. Logan Cloud
6. Irving Allison
7. Alex Peters
8. Paul Jackson
9. Austin Murray*
10. Jose Perez*

* indicates Wild Card

Laps led
Brady Burkhart: Lap 1-4
Logan Cloud: Lap 5-7
Carson Bauers: Lap 8-13
Ryan Butcher: Lap 14-15
Zachary DiLello: Lap 16-19
Brady Burkhart: Lap 20
Carson Bauers: Lap 21-29
Jose Perez: Lap 30-34
Brady Burkhart: Lap 35-42
Jay Jefferson: Lap 43-45
Carter Friesen: Lap 46-48
Jay Jefferson: Lap 49
Logan Cloud: Lap 50-66
Jose Perez: Lap 67

Lap leaders (Updated throughout the year)

Logan Cloud: 32
Alex Peters: 22
Zachary DiLello: 20
Brady Burkhart: 17
Carson Bauers: 15
Maxwell Fey: 7
Jose Perez: 6
Jay Jefferson: 4
Carter Friesen: 3
Ryan Butcher: 2