King Taco 250

The final race of the west coast sweep takes place at the Auto Club Speedway! Many stories entering this race but none bigger than Diego Yepez taking the wheel of the #99 for Shade-Burkhart Racing as Brady Burkhart was suspended from this race. Will he be able to win again at Auto Club and take his 4th 2-mile oval victory, or will some other driver rise to the occasion and win the race!

Logan Cloud puts his GMC for P2M on pole with Carson Bauers on his outside. Row 2 consists of Riley Spurlytube and Steven Wallace Jr. Row 3 contains Austin Murray and Irving Allison. Row 4 has Jose Perez and Nathan Stapleton. Row 5 is DJ Kurtis and Diego Yepez driving the #99 for SBR as Brady Burkhart was dealt a one-race suspension from his actions at Mesa Marin. The favorite for this race in Vegas is Logan Cloud at 3-1 odds. Diego Yepez is at 4-1. The best odds for drivers are SBR, as Irving Allison and Alex Benyacko are at 100-1, Ryan Butcher is at 50-1, and as previously mentioned Diego Yepez is at 4-1. 

Out of turn 4, Logan Cloud leads the field to the green flag! Cloud clears out of 2! In the back, Benyacko goes around! Cucalon onto the wall, Rainey collected! Sebi flips again! Bauers and Cloud drag race and Cloud leads them back! The field is split on pitting as Cloud stays out. The yellow came out when Benyacko pushed into Antoine Smith and he gets turned into Sebi.

On lap 7 Cloud leads the field to the green! Into turn 3 on lap 9, Vargas turns Reed into the wall! The caution flies! No-one else is involved but Reed and Vargas both pull away. The field all comes down pit road, which is odd after trucks pitted on lap 3. Cloud leads them down. Cloud takes 4 as Zachary DiLello jumps the field only taking 2! Allison P2 with 2 tires, Cloud is P3, Kurtis P4 on 2 and Yepez rounds out the top 5.

DiLello will lead the field to green on lap 14! Allison peeks to the inside as Cloud makes it 3 wide! Allison gets the run and takes the lead! Cloud gets the run but Allison leads lap 14! Out of 2 Cloud takes the lead! On lap 18, Yepez has closed! He's getting close but Cloud has the truck to beat! Out of 4 Diego makes a move and will lead lap 19! Cloud gets the runoff of 2 and takes the lead back! Cloud and Yepez opened up a 3 and a half-second lead! On lap 30 Luke Rainey stalled the truck, but no yellow was brought out for it. On lap 31 Jose Perez starts the pit cycle and is the first truck on pitlane! SWJ will join him but maybe sped entering. Into 3 Cloud has a problem! Yepez to the lead on lap 32! Cloud has a massive problem! Yepez down pit road now. Yepez leaves the pit with a massive lead! Cloud has gone from the lead to P23. Lap 45 the caution is out! Yepez has his lead gone! Mike Cook is on the pitlane. Diego leads the field down as Rainey stacks the rest of the field up! On pit road Stapleton dumps Yepez! Yepez into Perez as Foster is off pitlane first! DiLello P2, Porta P3, Murray P4, and Peters is P5! Yepez is screwed by Stapleton! Yepez is done, his chance at defending his win is done! Diego is now a lap down! The caution flew when Bright sent it into Neel sending both into the wall, spinning Dusty out. Bright hits Neel and spins as well. 

On lap 50, Tib Foster leads the field to the green flag! 14 laps to go! Kobza in his CRTS debut with Will McAnally is out with an ignition problem. Into 3 DiLello peaks under Tib! DiLello to the lead! Peters to P2, ZR is 1-2! Out of 2, Alex Peters to the lead! Matty Porta looking for P2! Porta gets a run! DiLello gets a bigger one on Porta! Peters leads, DiLello P2! Kurtis is going for it! Maxwell Fey has a run as well! DiLello gets the run on Peters! Peters maintains the run on the outside! On lap 58, DiLello tries to make a move on Peters! Vargas spins on lap 59 and the caution flies! Yepez spins Vargas and caused the yellow

One lap could decide this, the lights are out on the pace truck! Alex Peters has Zachary DiLello, DJ Kurtis, Austin Murray, and Jay Jefferson all behind him! Alex Peters could win today! Peters leads them to the green flag! DiLello holds the field up! Team orders are the king as Alex Peters wins at Auto Club! DiLello P2 as a Zachary Racing 1-2! 

Race Results
1. Alex Peters
2. Zachary DiLello
3. DJ Kurtis
4. Austin Murray
5. Matty Porta
6. Jay Jefferson
7. Tib Foster
8. Maxwell Fey
9. Riley Spurlytube
10. Carson Bauers

Point Standings
1. Jay Jefferson
2. Logan Cloud
3. Zachary DiLello
4. Alex Peters
5. Carter Friesen
6. Carson Bauers
7. Irving Allison
8. DJ Gibson
9. Peter Onjack*
10. Jose Perez* 

* indicates wildcard

Lap leaders
Logan Cloud: Lap 1-10
Zachary DiLello: Lap 11-13
Irving Allison: Lap 14
Logan Cloud: Lap 15-18
Diego Yepez: Lap 19
Logan Cloud: Lap 20-31
Diego Yepez: Lap 32-46
Tib Foster: Lap 47-49
Zachary DiLello: Lap 50
Alex Peters: Lap 51-63

Lap Leaders (Total laps led in a season)

Logan Cloud: 58
Peter Onjack: 39
Alex Peters: 37
DJ Gibson: 34
Zachary DiLello: 24
Brady Burkhart: 17
Diego Yepez: 16
Carson Bauers: 15
Jay Jefferson: 7
Maxwell Fey: 7
Jose Perez: 6
Carter Friesen: 3
Tib Foster: 3
Ryan Butcher: 2
Irving Allison: 1
Steven Wallace Jr.: 1