Sargento 200

The first of three trips to the road courses this season, the ringers are out in full force. Can Matty Porta finally win on a road course or will the other 39 drivers be able to dethrone him? On pole today is Matty Porta in his Sauber Racing #20. On his outside, or in this case, the inside is Ryan Butcher. Row 2 is Austin Murray and Tib Foster. Row 3 is Alex Benyacko and Jay Jefferson. Row 4 is Zachary Fitzwater Sr. in the other Sauber Racing truck, and alongside him is Brady Burkhart. Row 5 is DJ Kurtis and Peter Onjack.

DNQs:
#05 Bobo Jones
#08 Christian Vargas
#17 Ethan Head
#21 Larry Hagen
#27 Steven Wallace Jr.
#36 Emile Alguersuari
#41 Anderson Reed
#61 Luke Rainey
#72 Matthew Brown
#90 Casey Mears
#98 Chris Dobrick

Matty Porta leads the field up the hill as we are green at Road America! Porta will clear Butcher as hum and Murray battle for 2nd! Murray is clear into 2nd as the field starts to stretch out! Srigley halfspins and drops to last into turn 5. Fitzwater is around in the carousel and in the sand! He is out and the caution flag flies! Top 5 right now is Porta, Murray, Benyacko, Butcher, Foster. The reason the yellow came out was Jay Jefferson made contact with Fitzy spinning him. Trucks are into the pits on lap 2 as Fitzy is back on track. Fuel only stops as the top 5 now is Porta, Murray, Benyacko, Burkhart, Friesen.

On lap 4, Porta will lead us back to the green flag! Racing for 5th Cloud, Friesen, and Butcher go three wide! Alexa Luchon and a few trucks go around in turn 5, no caution for it! Sylas goes for a short spin but again no caution. That big stackup on lap 4 takes Yepez and Duncan out of this race. Through the carousel as both Burkhart and Cloud goes wide! Caution is out as Tib Foster blows up! Cloud gathers it back up as Brady nails the wall! Top 5 now is Porta, Murray, Benyacko, Butcher, DiLello. Pit stops happened under caution and break as now the top 5 is Jefferson, Goforth, Fey, Sylas, Bright. 

JJ will lead the field to the green flag on lap 9! The field fans out as their 3 and 4 wide into turn 1! JJ pulls away as the field is 3 and 4 wide still! The entire field makes it through turn 5 cleanly! Srigley pits as he stayed out under caution. Butcher nails Friesen into turn 5 and has massive hood damage! Friesen hits the 19 and also has massive damage! The guys out front pits as Sebastian Cucalon takes the lead over! Alexa Luchon has massive damage on the front of the MSA #4! Caution flies as Sebastian Cucalon leads the field back! Mark Sylas with massive damage! Jay Jefferson is on pit road! Heavy damage to the #48! Top 5 now is Cucalon, Porta, Downey, Sladek, Spurlytube. The caution came out as JJ came back on track as Srigley dumps the 48. JJ comes back on track as he hits the edge of the tyre barrier and nails Sylas. Cucalon and others pit as the top 5 now is Porta, Sladek, Spurlytube, Cloud, Murray. It's fuel only for everyone who pit. Friesen has a massive tire failure and is forced to pit as Porta leads them to green with 11 laps to go! 2 and 3 wide as Porta almost loses the lead to Sladek! Goforth into the back of Carson Bauers and dumps the 25! Goforth has heavy front end damage! Onjack and Luchon has an incident in turn 5! Onjack spins a bit and Luchon spins into him. Alex Peters, Riley Spurlytube, and Logan Bradley all pit on this lap with 9 to go, this might not be enough to make it! Porta brings it down with Sladek and others! Ryan Butcher stays out! Riley Spurlytube cycles out in front of Porta! Sladek moves by Porta into 2nd! Butcher pits as Sebastian Cucalon cycles into the lead! Cloud dives into P3! Murray dumps Rose and brings the caution outs! Top 5 is Cucalon, Morris, Fitzwater Sr., Gibson, Srigley. Rose nails into the back of Butcher as Murray turned him as this brought the caution out. The front of the field pits and so does Spurlytube! Matt Sladek is your race leader when we go back green! 

Up the hill with 4 to go Matt Sladek leads the field to the green! Everyone fans out as Cloud peeks for the lead into turn 1! Sladek clears! Into turn 5 Cloud gives Sladek the bumper! Cloud wants this race win! Butcher very wide at the carousel and misses the wall! 3 laps to go! 12 miles to go! Cloud goes wide! But is still within touching distance of the 30 truck! Murray could make a move for 2nd! Peters goes wide as well as Fey but they keep going! Sladek wide out of Canada Corner! 2 more laps to go, 8 miles between Sladek and his first CRTS win! Spurlytube pits as well as Peters and Stapleton! Cloud wide in turn 3 again! Fitzy punts Onjack in turn 5! Sladek and Cloud wide! Sladek is off track! He will choke the race lead! Logan Cloud has one lap to go! 4 miles between him and finally reaching victory lane! Murray and Cloud battle for the lead! Cloud is looking for that first career win and Murray is looking for win #2 this year. Cloud is pulling away! Cloud needs to make it through the carousel and he will be clear to win! Cloud through the kink and Canada Corner! This is it! Cloud through Thunder Valley and out the final turn! Up the hill as Logan Cloud finally gets that win! Logan Cloud gets the win at Road America! So many races, so many 2nd places and upsets, Cloud finally will get that win.

Race Results:
1. Logan Cloud
2. Austin Murray
3. Matt Sladek
4. Matty Porta
5. Ryan Butcher
6. Irving Allison
7. Alex Benyacko
8. Carson Bauers
9. Jose Perez
10. Gatlin Downey

Point Standings:
T1. Carson Bauers
T1. Jay Jefferson
3. Austin Murray
4. Carter Friesen
5. Logan Cloud
6. Peter Onjack
7. Alex Peters
8. DJ Gibson
9. Zachary DiLello*
10. Jose Perez*
* indicates wildcard

Lap Leaders
Matty Porta: Lap 1-7
Jay Jefferson: Lap 8-10
Sebastian Cucalon: Lap 11-12
Matty Porta: Lap 13-16
Sebastian Cucalon: Lap 17-19
Matt Sladek: Lap 20-22
Logan Cloud: Lap 23-24

Overall Lap Leaders
Logan Cloud: 60
Austin Murray: 40
Peter Onjack: 39
Alex Peters: 37
Carson Bauers: 35
DJ Gibson: 34
Zachary DiLello: 24
Brady Burkhart: 17
Matty Porta: 17
Diego Yepez: 16
Tib Foster: 14
Carter Friesen: 13
Jay Jefferson: 10
Maxwell Fey: 7
Jose Perez: 6
Sebastian Cucalon: 5
Dusty Neel: 2
Matt Sladek: 2
Ryan Butcher: 2
Irving Allison: 1
Steven Wallace Jr.: 1