T E N - W T F

Chapter Ten

    Cara snuggled closer to the warmth of the body next to her, feeling hot breath on her neck. She bolted upright, panicked.

    Warm body?

    Hot breath?

    Afraid of what she might see, Cara glanced at the person sleeping next to her. 

    Then glanced again.

    It was Max!

    Wait, what?

    Or better yet, WTF !?!?

    Cara surveyed her surroundings, relieved that she was in her own apartment. 

    But, what was Max doing here?

    She stepped out of bed, tripping herself, then realizing that she still had her favorite heeled black boots on from yesterday! Confused, she bent down to take them off.

    She looked at Max, finding that he still had one shoe on too!

    Cara shakily walked to her bathroom, attempting to rub the sleep out of her eyes, but failing. Cara stared at herself in the mirror, and she was a sight to behold.

    Yesterday she had worn a white button-up shirt, a black skirt reaching her knees, and black leggings, paired with her black heeled boots. She had worn more makeup than usual yesterday as well, going with red lipstick, dark mascara, and darker eyeshadow.

    Now her makeup was... let's say that she's looked better.

    "I look like a clown." Cara groaned, deciding to take a shower.

    Maybe then I can think properly, she thought.

....................

    Cara pulled on her gray sweatpants and large blue tee, tying her hair back in a messy bun. She walked out to her room, surprised to find the bed made and Max nowhere to be seen.

    She walked to her kitchen, finding Max, making an omelet. 

    "Morning!" He said cheerily. "Breakfast's on the table, along with your coffee."

    Cara nodded numbly and sat down, slowly sipping her coffee. She cleared her throat, not wanting to make the situation any more awkward and confusing than it already was.

    "Soo." She cleared her throat again, "WTF happened last night?"

..................

What do you think happened last night? Tell me in the comments!

BTW, this is in Cara's perspective if you didn't know. Sorry it took so long to be updated, but the next chapter is coming soon and will be longer! Check out my new book, Happily Ever After is a LIE, Vote, comment o what you think and have a nice day! (p.s, Max's POV is next)

-Brownie :)