E P I L O G U E

Epilogue - 3 years later

    "MAX!" shouted Cara. "Come get Thea!"

    Cara balanced Thea, her 2-year-old daughter on her hip, phone pressed against her ear. "Kate! Please, I have work and so does Max."

    "I thought you did the switch parenting thing? When one goes to work and the other takes care of Thea?" grumbled Kate from the phone.

    "Yes- Thea honey, don't do that, yes, but we both have work today? We are going to drop her off at your place." Cara set Thea down, then pulled on her black heeled boots. 

    "Cara!" shouted Max from the top of the stairs. "Where is Thea?"

    "She's with me!" yelled Cara. "Thea, you're going to Auntie Kate's place today ok?" 

    Thea beamed and pulled on her little boots. "Is Daddy or you coming too?" she asked.

    "No darling," said Max. "Mommy and I have work today."

    "Both of you?"

    "Yes," said Cara. "But we'll be back by 6." 

    Max hoisted a squealing Thea on his shoulders. "Daddy!" She shouted. 

    Cara checked her watch. "We are going to be late! Come on!" 

    The trio left their house, locked the door and drove Thea to Kate's place.

...............................

    "Can you believe it's been 3 years?" asked Max after they had dropped Thea off.

    Cara smiled, shaking her head. "And look at our little girl. She's already two."

    "I love you," said Max.

    Cara smiled back at him. "I love you too."

...........................

                                                The End

                                                  Or is it?