The untold secret

"So what do you think", Mj asked, her ear still being covered by her phone. 

"Honestly, I'm shocked", May said. "But hun, I think you should tell Peter not me". 

"Betty thinks I should tell Peter as well", Mj said into the phone. 

"What does Betty think you should tell me", Peter asks as he closes the door to their room. 'Who is on the phone', Peter mouths. 

"Its May", Mj whispers. 

"Hey May", Peter said as he sat down next to Mj on the bed. 

"Hey honey", May said after Mj put her on speaker. 

"Um... May I'm gonna have to let you go for now", Mj said. 

"Ok, I love you guys", May said followed by a 'smooch' sound. 

"Love you too May", Peter said. 

"Yeah, love you bye", Mj said hanging up the phone & placing it on her nightstand. 

She turned over to Peter, who was laying down with his hands behind his head. Mj snuggled into his side & he wrapped his arm around her. 

She placed her head into the nape of his neck & threw her leg over his. 

"So what does Betty think you should tell me", Peter asked as he interlocked their fingers. 

"Nothing", Mj says as she snuggles up closer to Peter. 

"Mj, you can tell me", Peter says lifting his head & looking down at Mj. She lifted her head as well. 

"What", Mj asks? 

"It's just... since we've come here, you've been acting off", Peter says. "Like there is something wrong, is there something wrong"?

"No", Mj says confidently, even though she knew she was lying. 

"Oh really, are you aware that you just lied to me", Peter asks with a small smile on his face. "Just tell me, I won’t get mad". 

Peter sits up & sits at the edge of the bed. Crossing his legs & looking at Mj, hoping she'd tell him. 

"I can’t tell you when there isn't anything to tell", Mj lies again. 

"Ok, you know how I'm Spiderman right", Peter asks Mj. She confusingly nodded. "Well, my senses are sharpened & I can hear your heartbeat beating faster every time I ask you something". 

Mj clenched her jaw & looked at her hands, which were now in her lap. 

Peter noticed her sudden change of focus, which was now directed to her hands. He leaned over & grasped her hands in his. 

"Em, no matter what it is, I'm not going to get mad or love you any less", Peter says as her gaze landed on him. He smiled when she completely lifted her head to his direction. "Now, what is wrong, I'll help you". 

"There’s nothing wrong", Mj shakes her head in denial. "You are making a fuss over nothing". 

Peter got a little annoyed by that response. 

"Mj", Peter said, his tone of voice changed, there was a small bit of annoyance now. "It can’t be that bad, what is it? Are you cheating on me or something"? 

Peter tried to keep his voice calm & quiet, but he let out some annoyance in his voice. 

"No, I would never", Mj said. She reached for Peter's hand, but Peter back up off the bed where her hands couldn’t reach his.