Chapter 12: Two Stories

I was in my room for the rest of the day, crying myself to sleep and then waking up a couple of hours later with my pillow all damp. Once I thought of what Mum did to me I cried myself to sleep again. At one point I thought I heard Mum knocking on my bedroom door, but then again it could've been my imagination.

The next day came and I woke up on my own. This time my pillow was dry. My eyes were so sore. I decided to just lie on my bed, not moving or anything, just stare at the ceiling and not move a muscle.

I admit it, I was kind of expecting Mum to walk into my room and apologise over a hundred times, begging for forgiveness. Of course, that never came. I turned to my bedside table and grabbed my iPhone to check the time. It was thirty five minutes past ten. It was official: I'm not going to school.

That was annoying me: lying in bed and not doing anything. But then I started to think about looking into Mum's face and decided that it was safe to stay in the safety of my bedroom. She was going to have to come into my room sooner or later to check up on me. No matter what happens between Mum and I, Mum would still come in to see if I was okay.

After waiting another hour, I groaned as I knew Mum wasn't going to come in. I hopped out of bed and walked out of my bedroom. I guess that it was going to be my turn to check up on Mum. I was in the hallway. Everything was quiet except for the sound of Gerald and Liam snoring.

I walked into the kitchen and I saw a note on the window that was above the kitchen sink.

Startled, I walked over and ripped it off from the wall. The note read as followed:

Kristen,

I'm sorry I hit you in the face. I had to go out today because I have a job interview. I was meant to tell you yesterday until you took out the article. Obviously after that... incident, I couldn't tell you. After I finish the interview (which was told to be around 2:15pm) I'll come home and tell you everything that you deserve to know. We'll also talk about you sneaking out of school; I haven't forgotten about that.

I love you with all my heart no matter what, Mum xxoo

I dropped the note and stared at the window where the note was taped on expressionlessly. Mum had the best news anyone could ever hear, and I ruined it thanks to that article! I felt like banging my head up against a brick wall until I couldn't tell which way was up and which way was down. I shouldn't have snuck out with Hortensia. I should've just said, "No, I'm staying here to get my shirt signed, and I suggest you do the same thing!"

I should've just left everything alone. Nobody would've gotten hurt.

I heard footsteps from behind me. "Are we going to school today?" said the familiar voice that was owned by Liam.

I turned around and looked at him. I shook my head and Liam did a fist pump.

"I'm going back to sleep," he announced and sprinted back to his bedroom.

'What to do?' I thought. DVDs sounded boring and all of the books I had in my room I have read at least twice.

'Drawing' was another thought that came to my head. Yeah, I could give it a shot. I have bought a drawing pad a couple of months ago and I have only drawn one thing in it. All I drew was a swan in a lake (thanks to Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake).

I walked back into my room and went to my bedside table. I opened one of the drawers and saw all of my art supplies I bought along with the drawing pad. They all seemed to shine from my bedroom light.