Don't play hero

Y/N POV: Dave went to his dad's for a little bit and I stayed with his mom. It was a nice day normal up until one moment... At this point I started to see where Dave gets his loving sensitive side from. His mom is so nice and caring to me and all this time I didn't understand why because I was a kid who just walked in and started staying nights since freshman year and now it's the middle of junior year. Dave and I aren't even together were more like best friends. My friend Bsf/N dropped out because she had gotten pregnant and needed more time to take care of her baby and Todd is a smart kid has good grades and is friends with some of the popular kids... Im sitting on the couch looking outside wondering what Dave was doing.

Dave's POV: As I'm doing some work I think about what Y/N is doing, so I call over there and we chat for a few and joke around with each other.

Y/N POV: I hear a loud noise and go check it out. The second I turn the corner my heart drops and I am stunned. Dave's mom was shot and Dean was standing in the darkness as he knows that Joy is home and hes ready to shoot so I yell out and he turns around and aims at me shoots and misses. Joy tries to get to me and Dave's mom and Dean shoots her in the face. I run at him and start attacking him then I get thrown on the ground and shot in the back acting like I'm dead he doesn't fire another shot and he leaves. Awhile later Dave's dad comes by to see whats going on because no one has heard from Dave's mom for awhile. When his dad walks in he immediately calls for help. I was taken to the hospital where I stayed for awhile Dave would come in and stay there with me for some of the time I was there. But his mom and aunt were dead and when he found out his face turned white.

Dave's POV: I go to my room at my dads and start to sink into a depression until Y/N walks in. Hey Y/N you might not wanna be in here for this.

Y/N POV: It's okay to cry... and it's okay to let me see you like this, were close remember. I go over to his bed and lay down with him and push my forehead on his and tell him it's going to be okay. I continue to calm him holding him while he's crying. Then he looks at me in the eye.

Dave's POV: I get up wipe the tears from my face and look her in the eyes. Thank god you're still here, I don't know what I'd do without you. I love you.

Y/N POV: I love you to Dave. Keeps looking him in the eyes and noticing that he's leaning in closer til eventually we kiss. That kiss turned into us making out until nightfall then we cuddle with him being big spoon and me being little spoon.