Chapter 6: Permafrost.

Y/N P.O.V. Location: School gate.

Well, the papers have been selling fast. I still can't believe that we're actually able to pass out this many... can't fuckin' believe that the students are willing to actually read our papers. Guess we're doing a good job.

(Gin) - Well, the papers have been selling like hotcakes, huh?

(Y/N) - After all the effort we put into the newest issue, I'd count that as a good thing.

Some time passes, and by this time, we're all out of papers. We must have done a fairly decent job at that point.

(Yukari) - We did it! We got rid of them all!

(Kurumu) - Well, it looks like this issue was another big hit for us!

Moka looks lost in thought for a moment before she speaks again.

(Moka) - Hey, why don't we throw a wrap party for this? We can all bring some snacks!

(Y/N) - No objections here.

(Yukari) - Sounds like a good plan to me!

(Moka) - Wait a minute... where's Gin? Wasn't he just here?

(Y/N) - Bet you 20 yen that he's trying to talk up some girl.

(Kurumu) - Agreed.

(Yukari) - I kind of doubt that.

I notice something out of the corner of my eye, and it is indeed Gin trying to hit up one of the freshman-year girls.

(Y/N) - Yukari.

(Yukari) - Yeah?

(Y/N) - *Points to Gin* Pay up.

She sees Gin, looks disappointed, and begins to reach for her pocket.

(Y/N) - I'm kidding, keep your money. 

(Kurumu) - Forget him. He's not invited.

(Yukari) - That jerk's the enemy of all women!

(Kurumu) - More importantly, what should we do for the party?

(Moka) - We should get some snacks from the campus store!

(Yukari) - Let's get some drinks too!

(Y/N) - No alcohol though. We're all underage.

(BD-1) - (That never stopped you, though.)

(Y/N) - Shut up, please.

He's not wrong though. That never stopped me from entering a bar for a shot, but I've got to have some morals.

(Kurumu) - Then it's a plan. After classes are over, we'll meet up at the newspaper club with the snacks. What about some games while we're there?

(???) - ...You four are all buddy-buddy, aren't you? You newspaper clubbers...

I turn to see a woman I've never seen before. Over-the-knee stockings, a black and white sweater, and light-purple hair. She's so... soft-spoken.

(???) - And you all like each other. Truthfully, I've never understood that way of thinking...

(Kurumu) - Hey, what's that supposed to mean?!

She takes a moment to adjust the lollipop in her mouth, before she speaks again.

(???) - Newspaper... Can I have one? 

She holds out her hand. I don't see why not, we wrote it, there's no point for me to read it.