009

I was never classified as a "popular" kid. I mean... sure, some people knew who I was, mostly because I'm friends with Noen, but no one really paid attention to me. And I was fine with that... but now...

⠀⠀⠀

Benji spun Jorge around, making him giggle. He reached out for his pocket and gave him a tiny note, marked "to jey <3." Once Abby saw what was happening in the middle of the cafeteria, her smile immediately dropped and her fists clenched.

⠀⠀⠀

Everyone has their eyes all fucking over me!

⠀⠀⠀

"Hey, Garay! Come sit with us!" A table yelled, making him feel dizzy.

⠀⠀⠀

Benji smiled, before crouching down to his level. "Good job today." He whispered in his ear, Jorge melting at his touch.

⠀⠀⠀

I mean, seriously? Who knew that I would be congratulated for doing nothing other than accepting a tiny note. And now... people are asking to sit with me?

⠀⠀⠀

A hand, Charli's hand, was grabbed onto Jorge's arm as she pulled him into an empty classroom.

⠀⠀⠀

"Woah! Are you and Krol like... a thing?" she said, mouth opening wider after every word. She continued, "I mean... I didn't know he swung that way... but if you're happy I'm so happy for you!"

⠀⠀⠀

Jorge awkwardly laughed. "Yeah! Um, I'm just as shocked as you are."

⠀⠀⠀

"Maybe we can go on a double date sometime...?" She questioned, as he furrowed his eyebrows.

⠀⠀⠀

"What? With who?"

⠀⠀⠀

"Chase? We've been getting along pretty well... I think I really like him."

⠀⠀⠀

Wow, I'm so rude, he thought. I've been worrying so much about my love life, or my... pretend love life, I haven't even talked to my friends.

⠀⠀⠀

"Charli!" He yelled. "That's awesome. And... yeah. Sure. We can have a double date sometime."

⠀⠀⠀

She grinned from ear to ear. "Really! Oh this is gonna be so cool! Thanks Jey!" She squealed, hugging him.

⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀

6:09 PM TEXT FROM "benjamin":
hey
goodnight
😉

⠀⠀⠀

Jorge groaned into his pillow, before reading what the message was. His stomach turned. Why am I always like this when it comes to him?! he thought. Maybe I should... respond late.

⠀⠀⠀

He waited.

And waited...

Until finally.....

⠀⠀⠀

6:58 PM
oh hey sorry i just saw this lol
night night

⠀⠀⠀

I am such a loser.

⠀⠀⠀

a/n: kinda a filler chapter bc i had no fucking idea what to write