Ch. 19: Fear of the Unknown

(Jiwoo's POV)
My comment seemed to ease the tension within Eira as she returned my smile of her own.

"We do have a lot to talk about," as she whispered, still holding on Taehyung. "It's best we have the conversation inside."

"Of course," as I nodded in acknowledgement. "The cold is a dreadful place for a civil conversation." All she did was nod as she removes herself away from Taehyung and held his hand, leading us inside. I couldn't help but smile at the simple display of affection.

She has finally learned to let go...

"Jiwoo," as Jimin pulled me to the side with concern in his silver eyes. "I know my eyes weren't playing tricks with me and I know you saw them too. Eira's eyes, they were..."

"They were a crimson red, love," as I whispered, confirming his feelings of distraught. His eyes grew wide and filled with worry as he looked down at my bump, placing his protective hands over it.

"Jimin, this is Eira," as I whispered, gently placing my hand against the side of his trembling cheek. "You know she would not do anything to hurt us or the baby. We don't know why her eyes are red so do not jump to conclusions yet without her explaining."

"Only a Tepes carries that color," as he whispered in fear. "They are the only house that can make any of us do unthinkable things and I don't have the ability to protect you or our child if anything happens."

I watched as his hands tremble and his eyes distant that I immediately enveloped his hands in mine, laying soft kisses against them. This fear is such a common thing among the pureblood houses but it was more evident with Jimin and even Eira. I have bore witness to their fears on so many occasions.

Neculai toyed with them when they were engaged.....

Jealousy I think....or perhaps something more.....

Eira always had suitors but none as reluctant as Neculai....

Unfortunately, Jimin endured some of that man's wrath and jealousy....

So, I understand how much those crimson red eyes make him feel....

And perhaps, it's why Eira was upset that we saw them, a symbolic feature of fear.

"Love, it's Eira. Those red eyes you saw are Eira's. Remember they are soft and kind, just like how you always see them. They are not filled with malice and the desire to toy with you," as I whispered, trying my best to calm him down. "You love her and you know she will never hurt you."

"Of course," as he barely whispered, his hands stopped shaking and took a couple of deep breaths. "I am sorry."

"Do not apologize," as I gently smiled, kissing his hands before I let them go. "The trauma of our worst fear disables us no matter how many times we try to grow strong." I looked to see the gift forgotten on the ground. Carefully, I walked to it and slowly kneeled, picking it up. However, I struggled to get up and just plopped on the ground.

"Haha I forget that I can't get up as easily as I used to," as I held onto the gift while sitting on the ground. Jimin comes over and extends his hand towards me, helping me get up.

"Next time just let me get it," as he spoke gently. "I don't want you to strain yourself."

"Of course," as I nodded with a smile. Carefully, I placed my hand on his face as I forced him to look at me. "Remember I am here to help you. Let me take control of the situation regarding, Eira. Your emotions will get to you and will not think clearly."

"Jiwoo," as he started to refute until I placed a finger on his lips to listen.

"You may be the Emperor of our people but matters that are delicate such as this, you cannot handle well," as I spoke firmly. "Eira values you as an important person as much as you value her. It may not be to the same degree but still the same. Your inability to articulate what you feel clearly can upset her and push her further away. We cannot do that. We are here to check on her and find out what is going on. Let me handle this and put both of your minds at ease."

"Fine," as he releases a sigh. "I will let you take the lead. I promise to do my best to not get upset."

"Or?" as I reiterated with a raised eyebrow.

"Or get angry," as he huffed. He took my hand in his as he started to escort me inside the estate. "You are asking so much out of me."

"It's because I believe you can do it, love," as I chuckled.

Let me put to rest the fear you have with Eira's crimson eyes and discover what has happened to her.

I can sense she is unsure if she can entrust us with such a dramatic change in her.

It is not only her eye color but her aura.

I need to know more.....

The more we know the better equipped we would be to make the necessary decision to protect us and our baby.