Ch. 82: One Tainted to Another (1/2)

(Taehyung's POV)
A sigh escaped my lips as I set Darrius's journal back on the table as I emptied another cup of tea, rubbing my fingertips through my hair out of frustration.

I read through this journal multiple times and not once did I find anything that indicated Darrius went through something like I did.

Where that tainted side just took over.

I just don't want it to happen again and I hoped that maybe....

Darrius would of left something behind that could help me from preventing it from happening again.

But I found nothing.

"I really didn't understand a single thing that was in this journal," as I groaned. I released another sigh, shaking my head.

"I wished I wasn't the only tainted servant around. It would be nice to get some advice on this."

The image of Eira's face from earlier flashes through my mind as my chest grew heavy.

I didn't want to worry her but I want to be able to guarantee to everyone else that it won't happen again.

But I don't know if I could do that if I am not sure if it won't.

I released a yawn as I steadily opened my eyes to look around the empty room.

"I have been at it with this journal for hours," as I spoke to myself, suddenly feel very tired. "I should rest up till Eira gets back. I am not finding the answers I am looking for in Darrius's journal."

I laid myself on the small sofa, letting my legs elevate on the arm of it and placing my hands behind my head. Closing my eyes as I drift off to sleep.

The familiarity of the darkness envelops me as I feel myself fall further into subconscious. Before I was whisked into dreamland, I heard the faint noise of a quartet playing. Slowly, I opened my eyes to see myself standing in front of the double doors of the ballroom of my estate.

"I haven't seen this place in awhile," as I muttered to myself as I carefully opened the doors. The ballroom was filled with so many people, each of them laughing and drinking. The last time I was here was when it was a masquerade and Eira's tainted side was looking for me.

"I wonder why I am being summoned here again," as I talked to myself as I entered into the ballroom. I looked around as people passed me by, drinks overflowing and the sound of merriment was in the air. It seemed like the typical celebration of getting together. I stood in the middle of the room as I watched the people dance until the familiar voice spoke to me.

"Well, well, it is fancy seeing you again,
Taehyung," as I turned to see Rita with her cat-like smirk. Her green eyes looking over me before her smile grew bigger.

"It's good to see you awake instead of asleep. I like you better this way."

"Awake?" as I looked at her with confusion. "The last time I saw you was when Eira's tainted was looking for me."

"Did your master not tell you?" as her eyebrow was raised in surprise.

"Tell me what?" as I spoke my question, growing more curious as I stepped closer.

"The events that happened in here," as she calmly spoke but suddenly the quartet stopped and the people froze as I watched a scowl cross her face. Her green eyes changed into their crimson reds and her fangs elongated, taught against her lips. It was then I noticed for the first time that her red manicured nails lengthen, much to how Eira's were when she shows immense power.

"It seems we have a guest," as she sneered. With one flick of her wrist, the double doors swung opened and a figure was pulled towards us. The quartet and people disappear as the figure that was there hovered between us. Soon I recognized the familiar lycan form as my eyes grew in surprise.

"Silas! How the hell did you get here?!" as I shouted.

"Ah....so you are the male seer lycan?" as Rita showed a wicked smile, stepping closer to run her fingertips underneath his chin. "A beautiful creature indeed."

"Hello Taehyung," as Silas slowly turned his head to give me a wary smile. "Can you tell her to let me down?"

"All you have to do was ask," as Rita chuckled. With a quick flick of her wrist, Silas was released on the ground as he coughed to clear his throat, moving his limbs a bit.

"You still haven't answered me of how you got in here," as I walked up to him, helping him get up on his feet.

"I have an idea of why he is here," as Rita responded. I looked up at her as I see her with her arms across her chest as she looked across the room, staring at the double doors. I followed her line of sight to see someone standing there. The figure came out of the shadows of the hallway as a familiar smile adorns their face and cerulean blue eyes behind a pair of glasses.

"If I knew you were going to have this much trouble, I should of left better instructions," as the figures chuckles echoed in the room.

I couldn't help but feel my eyes get bigger as I couldn't believe my eyes to see who was standing there.

"Darrius?" as I whispered in shock.

"Hello again, Taehyung," as he smiled widely. "It seems you need my help."