Ch. 63: Timeline

(Taehyung's POV)
I placed my hand on Eira's lap as Jimin went over everything that was happening. All I could do was watch and provide comfort with just a squeeze of my hand as the information shocked her but her emotions were all over the place.

Emotions of surprise...worry....slight pang of guilt.

She is feeling it all.

I knew Neculai was going to be a challenge to deal with but adding his ability to manipulate Alden...

This is a lot.

How is Eira supposed to handle that?

She loved him....

I know we would have to deal with Alden in some way but I never would thought like this....

This is just cruel.

"Thank you for telling me everything, Jimin," as she took a deep breath. "I....will see what I can do with this information moving forward."

"I know this isn't easy," as Jimin spoke gently. "I would never want you to handle both Neculai and Alden this way but please for your sake, reach out if something occurs, okay?"

"Okay," as she nods but I can feel that her head was spinning over the information.

I know she never wants to involve anyone else into her house's problems but we cannot help it...

Jimin has to be involved...

It's his obligation as the leader of their kind..

"There is one more thing," as Jimin spoke again. Eira's attention focused on him. "It's something I would like to discuss with you alone."

"Of course," as she gave a wary smile. She turns towards me, leaning in to place a soft kiss on my cheek. "We will just be a moment."

"Are you sure you are going to be okay, trouvaille?" as I looked over her with concerned. I let my hand caressed the side of her face as she basked just for a moment into my touch.

"As best I can be," as she whispered. "We will talk later once I am done."

"Okay," as I nod, still feeling this pull to stay with her as I felt her heart growing heavy, our bond making me feel again every ounce of her emotions.

"I will come with you, Taehyung," as Jiwoo slowly stood up in her seat. "I wanted to catch up with you."

"I wouldn't mind the company," as I gave a soft smile, standing up from my seat as I made my way over to her and extended my arm for her to grab.

"Make sure no harm comes to my wife, pet," as Jimin snorted.

"Of course, Emperor," as I rolled my eyes. Leo met us at the door as he temporarily removes the barrier and letting us out. As we stepped over the threshold to be greeted by the night air, I look back so see Eira. The sense of unease radiated off from her as the door closed.

I hope there are no more bad news for you, trouvaille.

When we are alone later, you can always talk to me.

(Eira's POV)
As I watched the door close and Leo placed the barrier back, I turned my gaze back towards Jimin.

"What was it that you needed to tell me in private?"

"It's about your life expectancy, Eira," as Jimin turned his gaze away from me. "You know I still have your candle on my mantle in my office."

"I do but I thought my life energy was fine after completing the contract with Taehyung and the fusion with my mother," as I spoke, confused where he is going with it.