Ch. 32: An unexpected evening

(Taehyung's POV)
I woke up in the middle of the night.

Or if you are human....middle of the day.

An unfamiliar scent lingered in the air. The smell of honeysuckle mixed with lemon and rosemary. Soon, another scent mingled with the rest of them. It wasn't as potent but it seemed to dance gently with the rest. The smell of spearmint and the fresh scent of rain hung in the air. I never smelled something so soft. I couldn't help but let curiosity getting the better of me as I left my room, following the scent. One hall after another as I recognized the hall I was in.

This hall leads to Jiwoo and Jimin's room....

"Jimin," as a soft moan was heard and I stood still in the middle of the hallway. I looked to see that their door was slightly ajar and processed what I should do.

I don't think I should walk down any further....

I think I know what's happening...

Just turn around and go back to bed, Taehyung.

Before I could leave, the door swung opened and the last person I wanted to see stepped out. There with blazing silver eyes and blood dripping from the side of his lips was Jimin. His eyes laid on me and irritation was prominent throughout his face. It was then I was able to smell the spearmint and fresh scent of rain coming off from him. The scents were so strong that the smell of honeysuckle was buried underneath it.

This is not good....

"Pet," as he spat the word. His eyes watching my every move as I stood up straighter, trying not to let his presence bother me.

"Emperor," as I responded.

"What the hell are you doing awake and near this hall?" as he spoke.

"Couldn't sleep," as I gave a nervous chuckle.

Partly true.....it's the scent that's lingering in the air....

"Is it my wife's blood that awaken you?" as he seethed, licking away the blood that stained his lips. "Such a simple thing for such a foul creature like you to be awaken by."

"Jimin, enough," as Jiwoo stepped out from the bedroom, her hand on his arm, trying to pull him back inside. I noticed the stains of blood on her neck and the fang marks in their place.

"Sorry to disturb you both," as I sighed, turning around to walk back down the hall. "And for your information, it was just the scent in the air that woke me up. Not her blood but both of your arousals."

"Sorry to wake you, Taehyung," as Jiwoo spoke, full of embarrassment in her voice.

"It's all good," as I chuckled. "At least I know he finally acknowledges you."

"He does," as she shyly spoke as I disappeared back to where I came. I could hear Jimin trying to protest but soon their door clicked shut. Back into the quiet darkness of my bedroom, I sat on the bed, grabbing the necklace from the side table.

The crystal glowed a beautiful blue in the darkness. A blue that reminded me so much of my trouvaille.

 A blue that reminded me so much of my trouvaille