Ch. 76: Crimson Eyes

Tick tock....the clock goes round and round. Never ever going to stop...

Thunder clapped against the windows of the darken hall, providing light within, casting long shadows as a woman with crimson black hair and cat like crimson red eyes took a sip of her glass.

As soon as the hour strikes, the bell chimes. How beautiful it's haunting sound that resonates in this lonely hall. The echoes of the quartet barely there and the people....

Somewhere a grandfather clock chimes, adding such an haunting sound with the thunder as the woman looks around, poised, guarded as her familiar fangs came out. She settles the glass on the table as she stands up, her crimson red eyes looking around.

Yes the people.....have disappeared....

Hahaha....

You think you got it all together....

I told you to be careful....

I helped you once....

Now I ask you help me in return....

The deep menacing voice echoes as the woman turns around, taking in her surroundings as every shadow jumps towards her against the lightening outside. The clicking sound of the grandfather clock heightening her senses as it continues to grow dimmer with each passing second inside the hall.

"Show yourself," as she shouts into the abyss. "I know you are there."

It was too late...

Before she knew what leapt into the darkness, she was bound by a creature, ten times larger than her as dark crimson eyes light up behind her and it's fangs dripping with liquid. The familiarity of large hands covering her mouth and holding her struggling body in place

"Shhh," as it moved its mouth closer to her ear as her eyes grew wider. "Rita....you thought you can keep him away from my grasp. You and that precious master of his. I can already taste her on my lips. That sweet taste of honey. My....her blood is so divine...it's all I can think about. She is weakening and his hold is weakening. How soon can I come out to play? How soon can I taste her again?"

The thunder lights up the two figures in the hall before they completely disappeared. One of the woman named Rita and the creature who looked so much like Taehyung.

But only....it wasn't him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a week since the meeting of coven heads and waking up, I had a terrible headache. Sitting in the bed, I groaned as I tried to rub my fingers through my hair, hoping it would settle down.

It's been like this since that day...

Pounding headache after another...

I have been doing what I can to keep it at bay but it's become consistent each day. At least that stupid voice isn't making it worse.

Soon, the familiar soft hands of Eira's graced my skin as she sat up and placed her sleeping head on my shoulder. She pulled herself closer as she placed a soft kiss on my neck.

"Taehyung, is it your headache again?" as she mumbled, her nose tickling my neck. "Do you need to drink?"

"Trouvaille, I did enough of that last night," as I whispered, bringing one of her hands up to my lips as I kissed it, inhaling the sweet scent of honey from it.