Ch. 90: A Mere Servant to Head Maid

(Cryssy's POV)
Silently I walked next to Leo as we made our way towards the estate with the servants behind us as well as Silas and Weylyn bringing up the rear. The atmosphere was so tense that at some points I forgot to breathe. I kept looking over at Leo who had such a fire in his pale blue eyes, it's been awhile since I have seen him so angry.

I thought he would of moved past it.....letting the thoughts and words of others have of Empress affect him...

Old habits die hard when it comes to the person you have cared so much for most of your lifetime...

People always said he acts so cold, calculative.

I never saw that....

He cares for the people closest to him so deeply that he has to assume the worst in everyone first before getting to know you.

Very protective he is....a true representation of the head butler as one of the shields to protect the head.

I understand where he is coming from....but this is no way to unite the house like this.

I need to do something....make the rest see that Empress...

She is someone worth protecting at all costs.

We all made it inside the foyer of the estate as many of the servants waited for further instructions from Leo. He didn't turn around to face them as he stayed silent, marinating in his own thoughts as he faced the grand stairwell. Before I could muster even a word, a voice spoke out from the hall to our left.

"Minerva, Vincent, everyone..there you are," as Richard spoke with more of the servants behind him. His dark brown eyes looked at everyone with the same stoic expression as Leo. Something felt uneasy and my suspicions were correct when I watched Richard's face looked directly at Minerva as he spoke again.

"Don't tell me you confronted, Empress? I thought we all agreed not to do that."

"Not everyone agrees of staying so diplomatic and compliant to her, Richard," as Minerva huffed with her arms across her chest. "Many of us in the Coven of Phoenix Fire and the Coven of Aria want Empress to learn from her mistakes. She needs to atone for what she allowed to happen and none of us don't want it to repeat when we pledged to her name."

"She has atone enough," as Richard sounded appalled with her reasoning and those of the other covens were agreeing behind him. "We need to move past this. Yes, a mistake has been made but we cannot hold that over her head forever. We all agreed to serve her as representatives of the families that pledged their loyalty to her family for several generations. We need to follow her in order to preserve her house and our families."

"But to do so blindly?!" as Vincent shouted in rage. "That's what happened to our ancestors and look what happened to them. They were slaughtered for following her so blindly."

Soon, everyone was arguing as Leo and I were caught in the middle but I can see Leo shaking with so much anger. I started to panic.

No...this isn't good. He is going to explode again and this time he may not control how angry he feels with all of them.

I need to do something.

But what can I do?

I know nothing of being a head maid....

All I was before was just a mere servant, serving drinks at the bar and helping out in the kitchen.

I was merely in the background compared to Leo.