☾ᴀʀᴄ 𝟷: ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷☽

ʀᴇᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ & ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ

•─────⋅☾ ✦✧✦ ☽⋅─────•
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛɪᴛʟᴇ: ʀᴇɪɴᴄᴀʀɴᴀᴛᴇᴅ?
ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ: 𝟷𝟻𝟽𝟻
•─────⋅☾ ✦✧✦ ☽⋅─────•

Adira's Pov

It's cold, really cold...
I could feel the coldness all around me.

I can't breathe...it hurts. It hurts...so much.

Ah, where...

Where am I?

I slowly opened my eyes. Huh...?
Am I...sinking?

I was!

I could see my only source of light getting further away from me. I tried to swim, upwards for air.

But no...the sea wouldn't let me. It would pull me back.

Again and again and again.

At last, I gave up.

I was terrified out of my mind, I didn't have any air to breathe, I had absolutely no thought in me apart from 'get out of the water, get out of the water, get out of the water'.

But, I still didn't get it.

I was afraid for my life, but I didn't think that I would die. Not even that, I didn't think anything at all. I just tried to get out over and over and over again.

And when the feeling of knowing that I was dying, right in that moment, the certainty that came over me, it made me go insane.

The crushing, piercing inevitability of my death was so grave there was no room for sanity.

I felt myself sinking further away until there was no light left. I gasped, a wave of excruciating pain washimg over me.

Then I hit rock bottom. My back was laid flat on the floor bed of the sea.

There was nothing. No one. Just me...

Alone. Out here, by myself...

Just where..did I go wrong?
Yes, I killed people.

But they were criminals. They deserved to die.

So...why am I dead...?

Suddenly, the scenery of my surroundings changed. I was now floating in a pitch black darkness.

I looked around. Again there was no one, nothing. Just me in here.

Where was I, now...?

I floated in the tenebrosity. For miles, black was in my field of sight. Then, after a while, the darkness slowly but surely, changed into a much lighter hue until there was a complete void of white light.

What the...

Before I knew it, I was rendered unconscious.