☾ᴀʀᴄ 𝟷: ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷𝟺☽

ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ ✔☽

•─────⋅☾ ✦✧✦ ☽⋅─────•
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛɪᴛʟᴇ: ᴀғᴛᴇʀᴍᴀᴛʜ
ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ: 𝟷𝟺𝟺𝟶

•─────⋅☾ ✦✧✦ ☽⋅─────•

Hellia's Pov

Hello! 👋 Don't mind me just causually breaking the fourth wall-

Anyway~ Did ya vote/comment/follow? Imma murder you if not- *sharpens knife* 🔪

Jk^^ 😜 Enjoy the chapter as usual~ :)

•─────⋅☾ ✦✧✦ ☽⋅─────•

"Hel...Lia?" A voice murmurs quietly, nonetheless audible as it calls my name.

I widen my eyes and I slowly turn around to face Alistair, sitting up on his bed as he blinks uncertainly at my figure shrouded in the darkness.

My breath hitched: it was caught in my throat. I was unable to move due to shocked.

I stayed in my spot, standing ever so still silently before Alastair interrogated me non-stop.

He put the little lamp on his desk, next to the bedside on. "What are you doing here...? And is that...a shoe?" The duke questions in surprise, raising an eyebrow.

Almost immediately, I threw the shoe I was holding out of the window before turning around & bluntly stating,

"What shoe?" {A/N: Meanwhile a walking guard was hit by a flying shoe...and fainted.}

"...Never mind.'' Alastair replied sweat dropping as he shaked his head in disbelief.

"What are you doing here?"

Uh...I'm here to kill you. But, *sigh* I can say that...So instead,

"...I'm here to see you, daddy!" I force a fake smile.

Thank goodness I've read & remember all those manhwa where the mc or fl act cute to earn the love of their psycho tyrant fathers or scary possessive Ml/brothers!

{A/N: *Cough* WMMAP, anyone? *Cough*}

"Really?"

No way in fu*king hell!!!

"Yes!'' I smiled cutely.

No! {A/N: Her thoughts be contrasting-}

As opposed to what I was saying, my inner thoughts differed but I had to keep up this farce if I wanted to survive.

"Then, why don't you read your 'daddy' a story?" Alastair asked.

My smile dropped & was replaced with a frown, the disgust evident. HECK NO!!!!

The Duke triumphantly grinned in victory at my crumbled expression.

"Why?" I ask. I fold my arms and didn't budge.