The One With The Market

When I came down the elevator I couldn't help but look at Valen's door. There was something about that girl. She had this power over me. I had no clue about her, but I was eager to learn.

I had never felt this way with anyone. This was all new to me. I didn't know how to react. But I knew it was all going to end up really badly.

I slowly walked over to her door, arguing with myself about how much of a terrible idea was to knock on it. I placed my hand on the white wood and hesitated. But I heard something on the inside. Footsteps. Coming this way.
I quickly run from the door and took out my keys. It opened. Valen popped up on the other side and I felt every muscle on my body relax.
"Hey!" she said smiling.
"Hi," I tried to keep my nerves in check by biting my lip.
"Back this late?" she asked.
"Yeah, I- I hang in the skatepark with my friends."
"Oh. I was going to the market. I'm not really sure how to get there, though," she giggled embarrassed. I laughed.
"I get that," I turned back around desperately trying to get inside my apartment and out of the awkward situation. But I realized I had to help her. It was the right thing to do.
I took a deep breath, in and out, swallowed my nerves, and turned back around. "You want help? I can show you the way."
"Oh. Yeah, I'd like that,"

We walked our way to the market talking about school. I told her I really liked King Princess and she told me she had been to her concert. When we got there, I said goodbye while struggling with my thoughts on how to make the evening not end. I really liked her. I wanted to spend more time with her.

But I did nothing. I just watched her enter the building, without being able to move.
I didn't like what this girl was doing to me. I was not like this. I couldn't freeze in front of a pretty girl. I knew better.