Chapter 16: ...

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

"Hey Mike..?" Sarah surprised me with her suddenly timid voice, I thought she was still asleep.

"Is something wrong Sarah?" I asked as a small breeze went through my hair. She shifted again, still in her squid form, yet I was able to tell that she was nervous. I looked down at her emerald eyes, however she peered away, embarrassed. "Sarah..?" I asked once more after she hasn't responded.

"I-I..I need to tell y-you something..." Her voice trembled. She hid her eyes with her tentacles, but her blush was still visible somehow.

"What is it..? You can tell me anything you know." I stated, trying my best to comfort her. She let out a frustrated sigh, in response. Though it sounded more like she was frustrated with herself. "I-I just can't seem to put my thoughts in order..." Sarah whispered. I was confused as to what she meant at first, but ideas slowly starting going through my head.

Is she not comfortable with me? Or maybe...is she trying to tell me something about us?

"L-Look Mike...we're close r-right?" I gave her a confused look. "What do you mean? Of course we are Sarah." I smiled. She gave me a nervous smile and took a deep breath.

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

I can't believe I'm about to do this.

"M-Mike..We've been best friends for awhile now and I'm really glad we are.." I explained, my face getting hotter. "A-and well, I'm really comfortable and happy with you, M-Mike.." Slowly I gained a tiny bit of confidence overtime.

But there was also that tiny doubt in the back of my head.

What if he doesn't feel the same way?

I took another deep breath, and decided to let out all the bottled-up feelings I had stored up for the longest time.

"Mike, I'm really comfortable with you. More than anyone else I've met. And you're just an incredible guy, an incredible octoling. I didn't expect you to be so kind, caring, trusting and trustworthy when we first met..but I'm glad that you are. You're really funny and genuinely incredibly guy. Overtime, whenever I see you, I've been feeling these strong emotions. I found myself blushing more around you, stuttering more, and smiling and laughing more. You make me feel so happy and special with the attention you give me..."

I realized that I had turned back to my inkling form, meaning that I was now sitting on his lap. My eyes widened as the thought came to me. Not only am I sitting on him, but I told him all of this. Might as well just say the words I've longed to say.

"Mike, I love you. I want to be more than friends.." I said softly.

I couldn't turn around to see what his reaction was, but I could sense his head getting closer to mine.

"I...I love you too, Sarah.." He whispered in my ear.

My already furiously red blush reached its reddest.

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

I couldn't believe what I just heard. Sarah feels the same way! My heart was beating the fastest it ever has and I'm even more anxious than I was before. And out of instinct, I said I love her as well.

"W-wait..R-Really?!" Sarah exclaimed both happily and excitedly.

"Of course I love you Sarah. It's impossible to not love you when I think about everything you've done for me. And I've always found you perfect, everything about you. Your smile, your eyes and laughter, your personality and looks. I just though that.."

She turned around to face me, still sitting on my lap. Sarah slowly wrapped her arms around my neck, with an embarrassed smile. Her cheeks were completely red, and the tips of her ears were the same. I looked into her beautiful emerald eyes, which had happy tears on them, and I felt my body tense up.

"What did you think..?" Sarah asked giving me a loving grin.

I blushed, and became bewildered.

"I just thought...that maybe you wouldn't feel the same way. That maybe you were just being nice to me because that's just who you are, a sweet and kind girl. That you wouldn't love me because I was an octoling.."

I frowned, looking downwards as I said this. Sarah's smile faded for a moment and gave me a look of sympathy, but quickly another smile appeared on her face.

"Mike.." She whispered softly.

I looked up at her again, with a curious look and she gave me a cute giggle in response.

Sarah closed her eyes, as she slowly leaned in closer, her lips nearing mine. It felt like my heart was going to explode out of my chest. I told myself to relax, and leaned in, closing my eyes as well.

Our lips connected.

Sarah gave another muffled giggle. I couldn't
hold back the smile at all, even if I tried. I put my hands on her waist, helping her keep her balance.

The kiss lasted a couple of seconds but the sensation felt amazing. The inkling that I love the most, the one that I wanted for so long, is kissing me. Putting a bit more pressure into the kiss, she did the same. It felt like we were in our own little world. No one around us, and it was a nice day.

We broke apart on the kiss, and we both laughed still blushing madly.

"I love you, Mike. Just the way you are." Sarah smiled as she rested her head in between my neck and shoulder, her arms now wrapped around the sides of my chest and hugging me. I pulled her in closer and felt her body on top of mine. Though our Hero suits made this a tiny bit uncomfortable, everything that had just transpired was amazing. A dream come true.

Who would've thought that an octoling could've ever found love in the surface world?

"C'mon dummy~" Sarah giggled as she pecked me on the cheek. "We have to continue patrol." She continued, letting go of me and getting up to pick up her weapon.

"R-right." I said completely flustered.

A.N.

Look, I know I left the previous chapter on a cliffhanger, but it didn't seem fair to leave you all in suspense for too long. I thought this chapter was cute and easy to right, especially after writing my first lemon on another book of mine.