2. Mystery Girl

Sidharth had his eyes closed and was lost deep into his thoughts regarding what his Mom said yesterday. He thought to himself,
"I understand Mom's worries but I have invested a lot earlier and was always hurt. I am not a coward but I have lost all the courage to again invest my emotions into someone and then witness my heart breaking into pieces all over again."

Sid was shaken back to reality with a jerk when his driver has suddenly put breaks to car and it made a loud screeching noise.

Sid: Anand, what are you doing?
Anand: Sir, we have reached the hotel but this girl suddenly came in front of the car so I had to put brakes. It's not my fault.

Sid looked in the direction the driver was pointing but since the girl hurriedly ran inside the hotel, he just got a glimpse of her back. She was wearing a white coloured patiala salwar kameez paired up with punjabi jooti and hairs curled up and then Sidharth turned to his driver.

Sid: Anand, its okay. Let it be. I think the girl was in a hurry. You park the car and wait for my call. I will call you once the party has ended and then we will head back home.

The driver nodded and Sid smiled at him and then got off the car and went inside the hotel. As soon as he reached the party hall, he was greeted by none other than Vikas Gupta (Sidharth's dear friend for past 7 years).

Vikas: Hey handsome!! Tell me something. Are you ageing in reverse?
(Vikas asked with a brow raised and a teasing smile on his face).

Sidharth smirked as he gave a punch on Vikas' shoulder and then gave him a warm hug.

Sid: Has the party begun?

Vikas: yup, most of the cast has arrived and I just talked to Ekta (Ekta Kapoor- producer of the show). She will be here any minute. Come on, let's go in.

Sidharth and Vikas entered the hall which was beautifully decorated and behind the stage was the banner showcasing the name of the show "KALYUG KA RAM"
(The 'K' superstition of Ekta still persists 😂😂)

Soon, Ekta entered the hall and met Sid and Vikas with a warm hug.

Ekta: Sorry guys! I am a bit late. This Mumbai's traffic gets onto my nerves. Let me first welcome everybody and then join you guys later.

Ekta directly went to the stage, took the microphone and started speaking.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Hope you are enjoying yourselves. I am more than elated to welcome you all to the warm up party of my new show KALYUG KA RAM. Its a completely new concept and for the first time my protagonist is playing the role of an honest cop but what happens when he stumbles upon a case which will change his life forever and who is the MYSTERY GIRL he is finding and what is her link to this case. All these questions will be answered through this show.
Not taking much of your time I will introduce you to our talented cast.
The super cop Karan is played by none other than our very own and famous Tv star SIDHARTH SHUKLA."

The hall was filled with the sound of cheers and applause as Sidharth moved towards the stage.

Ekta: Now, the other main lead, the Mystery Girl will be played by a fresh face. She is new to this industry but I have seen that spark in her which will take her places. Put your hands together for SHEHNAZ KAUR GILL.

Sidharth felt his heart skipped a beat as he looked at the epitome of beauty in front of him clad in a white patiala suit. There was a mystical aura to her yet an innocence on her face. She looked breathtakingly gorgeous. Sidharth was awestruck and he didn't even realise that his lips have curved into a smile looking at this girl who possessed a magnetic charm. A strange feeling washed over Sidharth as he kept on looking at her through the corner of his eye and stealing glances at her while she stood beside him on the stage.

Thanks for reading. Ignore the mistakes as its my first attempt at writing story.
If you like it, please so vote and comment.
Constructive criticism is appreciated.