7. Insecurity?

Its been 2 months since they started shooting for the show. A lot of things changed during this period. Paras distanced himself from Sana and came closer to another supporting actress in the show Mahira Sharma. He still feels hurt by Shehnaz' unspoken rejection and looking to pounce an opportunity to take his revenge, while his love interest Mahira is so obsessed with her own beauty. She considers herself the princess and is extremely jealous of Shehnaz' popularity among the cast and the love being showered on her by the audience. She leaves no stone unturned to make low remarks about Shehnaz.

Asim (second male lead) is mixing up well with all the actors except Paras and Mahira. He has bonded well with Sidharth and also feels an attraction towards Shehnaz. Sidharth has observed a change in Asim's attitude towards Sana but as a pure soul that she is, shehnaz is unaware of Asim's growing affection towards her.

Sidharth and shehnaz have become best of friends in these two months. They spend most of their time together on the sets, practicing their lines together, doing fun and pranks on the sets, pulling Asim's leg together, enjoying coffee time with Ekta. Sidharth also drops Shehnaz to her house everyday after the shoot is over. Sidharth has also taken Shehnaz and Shehbaaz (Sana's brother) for sight seeing in Mumbai. They hang out on most of the weekends or when they have a day off. They have become like best buddies. While what Sidharth feels for Shehnaz is more than friendship but he doesn't want to impose his feelings on Shehnaz as she still considers Sidharth a very dear friend, her pillar of support, her partner in crime and her secret keeper.

Shehnaz feels safe with Sidharth. She can be herself when she is with him with no fear of being judged. She can go on talking utter nonsense with him all day and he would still listen to her patiently.

Sidharth, on the other hand, has learnt from this goofball, the art of being happy. He has learned to not worry about the future and living just in this moment. She has brought out the kid in him which had lost somewhere. Though being a 39 year old man, he acts like a teenager when he was with her.

Most of the people on the sets are aware of their growing closeness and have started doubting that something is brewing between the two while Sidharth and Shehnaz are completely lost in their own small world unaware of people's prying eyes on their bond and their malicious intentions.

**************

The set was echoing with the sound as the cake was cut celebrating the completion of shooting of 50 episodes of the show. Shehnaz cut the cake and fed the first piece to Sidharth while he too returned the same gesture.

Ekta: Hey guys! May I have your attention please. Congratulations to all of us for completing 50 episodes and the audience is absolutely loving our show. We are topping the TRP charts for past many weeks and its all due to the hardwork you guys are putting in. To celebrate the success, I am throwing a party at my place tonight and I want everyone one of you to join.

The announcement was welcomed by everyone through cheering, clapping and hooting.

Ekta: Guys Guys Guys...wait. I have another important announcement to make. Since you all know the script has undergone a few changes and there is a new character Maya (another female lead) that will be the part of the show from now on. So, I would like to introduce to you all the actress that is going to play this role. She is a dear friend of mine and a well known TV actress- JASMIN BHASIN.

Sid: Jasmin?
(Sidharth was surprised to hear her name as he had no clue she was going to join the show. Jasmin was the female lead in Sidharth's previous show and both are very good friends and share a great equation)

Jasmin hugged Ekta and then went straight upto Sidharth and gave a tight hug and as they parted, Sidharth planted a kiss on her forehead.

Sid: Bhasin, you didn't tell me that you were joining the show.

Jasmin: how was the surprise handsome?
(She winked at him and passed a flirtatious smile)

Sid: Its superb yaar. We are going to have a lot of fun together.

Both gave a high five to each other and then jasmin went on to meet other people on the set.

Everyone was elated seeing her but one. Shehnaz felt a sudden pang of jealousy. She was shocked at the fact that Sidharth gave a forehead kiss to Jasmin as she thought Sidharth was like this only with her. She knew Sidharth has a lot of female friends and girlfriends in the past but it was her first encounter when Shehnaz saw Sidharth mixing up with a girl like this. She felt that she was not exclusive in Sidharth's life and it created a sense of insecurity in her heart. She looked at Jasmin, she was skinny and fit, she had a perfect figure and then she looked at herself. For the first time in her life she felt insecure about her chubby figure.

Ekta: So guys, will see you at the party.

Soon, everybody began to disperse and leave to get ready for the party. Shehnaz was upset and thus she went straight back to her vanity even without talking to Sidharth. While Sidharth noticed shehnaz was upset and something was bothering her, so thought of going to talk to Shehnaz but Jasmin came in between.

Jasmin: come on Sidharth, lets go to your vanity. Baith k bhot saari baatein karenge.

Sid: nahi, abhi nhi yaar....raat mein party mein krte hai na

Jasmin: Sidharth, main tujhse itne time baad mili hu...tu khush nhi hai?

Sidharth finally gave in to repeated persuasion by Jasmin and took her to his vanity but at the back of his mind he was worried about Shehnaz.

Shehnaz had just finished changing her attire when she got a call from Shehbaaz.

Sana: Hello, haan shehbaaz bol.

Baaz: Sana yaar, papa ka phone aaya tha, unhone urgently ghar bulaya hai. To main bas nikal raha hu airport k liye.

Sana: Sab thik hai na ghar pe?

Baaz: Haan koi chakkar ni. Sab thik hai. Abhi late ho raha hu. Tu dhyaan rakhna apna. Akele kahi mat jaana. Sidharth k sath hi rehna.

Sana: koi nhi....tu jaa...meri chinta mat kar. Bye.

Shehnaz hanged up the call and went to Sidharth's vanity to tell him that she wants to go home.(Sidharth used to drop her everyday)

As soon as she reached his vanity, she heard the voices of laughing from his vanity. She listened to it carefully and it didn't take time to recognize who was the owner of that voice. Shehnaz was furious. How can he do that? Iss Jasmin k aate hi bhool gaya mujhe? Bas itni hi dosti thi? Jabse vo aayi hai, usey meri yaad tak nhi aayi. Usko pappiya jhappiyan karne mein busy jo ho rakha hai. Koi na, mujhe bhi kisi ki zaroorat nahi hai. Main akele hi thik hu. Sana's eyes were moist, she was hurt and so she immediately left the sets.

**************

Sidharth and Jasmin were laughing on the fun they did on the sets and also how they used to tease Rashmi on the sets. Suddenly, Sidharth's phone flashed. He checked the notification and it was a message from Shehbaaz and he had asked him to take care of shehnaz while he has gone to Punjab.

Sid: Jasmin, yaar abhi let's go. We have to go to the party also. I will catch up with you in the party.

Jasmin agreed and left his vanity. Sidharth dialled Shehnaz' number but it was switched off. He got worried and went to her vanity to check her but she wasn't there. Then, a spotboy informed him that Shehnaz had already left leaving Sidharth annoyed.

Sidharth's thoughts: Aise kaise jaa sakti hai vo mujhe bina bataye? Hum roz saath mein jaate hain na tab bhi usne mujhe batana zaroori nahi samjha. Phone bhi switch off krke rakha hai. How can she do this? She knows I get tensed for her and still she left without informing me. Ye gadhi hai aur gadhi hi rahegi. Bhaad mein jaye, mujhe bhi koi fark nhi pdta. Kare jo karna hai.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Thanks for reading and giving such a good response. Its my first attempt at writing. So it feels good that you all are liking it.

How is this part? Do you like Jasmin's entry?

Do vote and comment and share your views.