6. Her friend, her confidante

Both of them finished rehearsing their lines for the second time and this time, it was perfect. She didn't forget any of the lines and was able to overcome her initial nervousness and yes she was born with some innate acting skills and Sid was impressed by her acting ability.

Sid: Arre tu to bhot achi acting karti hai Sana. Iss baar to tujhe saari lines bhi yaad thi

Sana: Haina

Shehnaz was so happy and she was jumping with joy and in her excitement she wrapped her hands around Sidharth's back and hugged him. Her face rested on his well built chest, close to his heart. She was so much long only to reach his chin.

Sidharth was a little taken aback by Shehnaz' gesture as he didn't expect such thing to happen but somewhere in his heart, he felt happy too. He wanted to reciprocate and hug her back but he was a little cautious that it might make her feel uncomfortable. So, he just rested her hands on her shoulders. Shehnaz was so excited that she kept on blabbering while hugging Sidharth.

Sana: Thank you Sidharth. Tune meri itni help ki hai. Pta hai main kitni dari hui thi lekin tune mera saara darr bhaga diya..............................................

After almost 5 minutes, she stopped talking and realised that she was in his arms and she instantly felt embarrassed and slowly pulled back from his embrace. Her cheeks became bright shade of pink due to shyness and she was standing there with head down and looking at the floor not knowing what to do. She didn't dare to utter a single word. Sidharth was quick enough to read her embarrassment and awkwardness. So, to ease the tension building up in the room he asked Shehnaz, "Sana, tu itni achi acting karti hai, isse pehle bhi tune kbhi acting ki hai?"

Sana: Haan Haan, maine Punjab mein ek movie mein second lead ka role kia hai aur sabko meri acting bhot pasand aayi thi, sabne bhot taarif bhi ki thi.

She again started blabbering out all the details of the movie, cast and what not while Sidharth was just standing their looking at her and smiling to celebrate his little victory as he was successful in distracting her mind from what just transpired between the two. A knock on the door of vanity attracted the attention of both of them.

Sid: Who's there? Andar aa jaiye.

Spotboy: Sir, aapko aur madam ko bula rahe hain shoot k liye.

Sid: Itni jaldi? Abhi to Paras aur Asim ka shot tha na?

Spotboy: Sir, vo thoda problem ho gya hai to director ne bola pehle aapka aur madam ka shot lenge

Sid: Okay, we are coming.

*************

When Sid and sana reached the sets, they were left shocked by the sight in front of them. Paras and Asim were indulged in a verbal spat and hurling abuses at each other while all the crew and director was standing there helpless as none of them was ready to stop.

Paras: abbe Nalle, tu jaha se aaya hai na vahi ja, teri aukat nahi hai mujhse baat krne ki.

Asim: Aukat pe mat jaana bro. Aukat pe mat jaana. Main yaha hu, apni mehnat se aaya hu. Mere khud k talent aur hard work se. So Bro, F*** off.

Tired of the fight, Ekta gave them last warning to either stop or she will throw both of them out of the show. Listening to Ekta's warning, both Asim and paras went quiet while staring at each other and throwing daggers at each other. The director announced a break of 1 hour and decided to resume the shoot later. The crowd got dispersed while Asim and Paras went to two different parts of the sets and sat there still hyper by the adrenaline rush.

Shehnaz went to Paras and sat on a chair beside him and put her hand on Paras' shoulder to calm him down but she was taken by surprise when Paras removed her hand with a jerk.

Sana: kya hua paras?

Paras: tujhe nhi pta kya hua sana?

Sana: Matlab? (Shehnaz was confused)

Paras: Tu jaa yaha se sana. Mujhe tujhse koi baat nahi karni. Mera dimaag abhi kharab hai..tu nikal yaha se. Chal nikal.

Shehnaz was shocked. The way Paras talked to her had hurt her badly. She had started to consider him as a friend but Paras' rudeness had led to her eyes becoming moist.

Sana: Aisa kyu bol raha hai Paras? Meri kya galti hai?

Paras: sana, did you even bother to find out where I was since the morning? Nahi na... because you were busy having fun with a guy 13 years older to you. If you want to be with him...just go, I don't care but I don't entertain girls who entertain other guys.

Sana: But main to apni lines practice.....

Paras cut her conversation in between and stood up from the chair and said, "Go to hell! I don't care what you were doing and what not. Leave me alone." And paras walked away leaving Shehnaz teary-eyed. She didn't even know her mistake. She couldn't understand the reason of Paras' anger. Why he mentioned that Sidharth was 13 years elder to her? Was he trying to say that she is characterless as she was spending time with Sidharth?

Shehnaz cursed herself that why she always messes things up. Her intentions are always pure but she always end up getting hurt somehow. She stood up and ran out of the sets and towards her vanity. She was seen by Sidharth who was talking to Asim and he knew something was wrong. He excused himself from Asim and went behind Shehnaz.

Shehnaz was sitting in her vanity with her face covered in her palms and sobbing when Sidharth entered. She looked up at Sidharth while tears were rolling down her red cheeks. A sight that was unbearable for Sidharth. He felt his heart aching seeing tears in her eyes. He sat beside Shehnaz.

Sid: Kya hua?

Sana: kuch nahi (still sobbing)

Sid: Main tumhara dost hu na. Mujhe bhi nahi bataogi?

Sid placed her palm on top of her hand that was lying in her lap. Shehnaz instantly hugged Sidharth and told the entire conversation that happened between Paras and her.

Sana: Mujhe to pta bhi nhi ki vo mujhse kyu gussa hua

But Sidharth exactly new the reason. He knew Paras was interested in Shehnaz as he had seen Paras making advances towards her in the party and Paras' male ego was hurt because Shehnaz was spending time with Sidharth and not him.

Sana: Sidharth maine kuch galat kia kya?

Sidharth broke the hug and started wiping of her tears from her face with his index finger.

Sid: Tumhari koi galti nahi hai Sana. We are free to choose our friends. Nobody can decide for us. Aur agar vo naraaz hai toh rehne do kyunki zaroori nahi hai duniya mein saare log humein pasand karein. Koi ek bhi karega na to kaafi hai. Aur jo tumhara real friend hoga vo tumhe aise hi accept karega jaisi tum ho aur tumhari choices ki respect karega na ki tumhe dominate karne ki koshish karega. Tum jaisi ho, achi ho aur sab tumhe isiliye pasand krte hain, toh bass khush raho aur doosre kya bolte hain uski paravah mat karo.

Shehnaz felt a little bit relaxed. She knew she was here to make her career and she didn't have time for any hatred and anger. She wanted to spend time with those who make her happy and Sidharth made her happy. That's all that mattered to her. She doesn't care about what others had to stay about their friendship. She always follows her own instinct. This is what she had done all her life. She didn't even care about her family's opinion when it came to pursuing her acting career then why would she care about anyone else's opinion when it came to choosing her friends. Sidharth was her friend and her confidante from now on because she felt protected and secure with him. She has always craved for such protection and security all her life and now when she was getting it, she didn't want to loose it for anyone. She decided to stay with Sidharth.

Sid: Ab tum smile karogi? Haan? Will you smile?

Sana smiled a bit and again hugged Sidharth and this time Sidharth hugged her back because it only felt right to do so.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Thanks for reading!

How was this part?

Do vote and comment and share your opinions.