11. Marking the territory

The rays of sun entering the room through the huge glass window of the bedroom fall on her face disturbing her sleep. She woke up rubbing her eyes and could clearly feel the hangover. Her head was aching badly and she was feeling weak and fatigued. As she was rubbing her eyes from one hand and pressing her head from the other when somebody handed to her a glass of lemonade. She was bewildered to see Sidharth towering over her.

She didn't remember anything from last night. The last thing that was registered in her memory was storming out of Ekta's house in a fit of rage. She wasn't aware how she reached home and what was Sidharth doing there

Sana: Tu laaya mujhe ghar?
(She asked him taking the glass of lemonade from his hand)

Sid: Nahi, Asim laaya
(He replied taking a gibe at her)

Sana: Mazaak mat kar Sidharth. Mera sir dukh raha hai

Sid (in a irked tone): To kisne kaha tha itni peene ko?

Sana (annoyed): Main bachi nahi hu Sidharth. Meri marzi.

Sidharth sat down on the bed in front of her and said in a very terse voice

Sid: Yahi toh main keh raha hu ki tum bachi nhi ho. You are twenty f***ing six. Aur kal jo tumne harkat ki hai na, that was very irresponsible of you shehnaz.

Shehnaz was intimidated by the rage in his eyes. He was extremely annoyed with her and rightly so, the reckless behavior that she exhibited by leaving the party in a drunk condition could have landed her in some serious trouble.

Sidharth realized he was going overboard and so he softened down his tone and gently took her hand between his palms, slowly caressing her hand he said, "Listen to me very carefully, Shehnaz Kaur Gill because I won't repeat it again. I usually don't like to give any explanations but I am giving you one, because you are important to me. Jasmin is a very good friend of mine, just- a -friend. We have never even dated, then being in a relationship is completely out of question. Yes, we used to hang out together sometimes during the shooting of our previous show but I haven't even met her after the show ended."

Sid: Aur rahi baat tumhari, toh ek baat meri gaanth baandh lo, you hold a very special place in my life and whatever I feel for you, I have never felt for anybody in my life and nobody, I repeat, nobody can replace you ever in my life. Do you get it?

Shehnaz' eyes were moist because it was the first time Sidharth had expressed his feelings for her and she was overwhelmed by the depth of his emotions and the way he professed his profound feelings. As much as she was elated to hear his heartfelt confession, it was very difficult for Sidharth to voice his feelings because he believed in showing his love through actions and not mere words. He bent forward and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.

Sid: I will meet you on the sets.

Sana: Thodi der aur ruk jaa na
(Still trying to get over the overwhelming feelings)

Sid: Nahi, I have to leave. Mom would be waiting for me but remember one thing I am always there for you.

***************

Shehnaz reached the sets and she was all lively and energetic today. Her happiness was clearly visible from her grinning face, happiness of the fact that she too was important for the person who mattered to her the most. All her worries had faded away because of the assurity given to her by Sidharth that she was irreplaceable and she wanted nothing more.

After she got ready for the shoot, she decided to go and check upon Sidharth. As soon as she reached his vanity, she was pissed because she could hear a girl's voice coming from inside. She was annoyed and turned back to leave from there but just after walking a few steps, she stopped and came back and made a storming entry into his vanity. Jasmin was taken aback by her sudden entry.

Jasmin: Hi shehnaz, tum achanak yaha?

Sana: Hello Jasmin
(In her mind- Ab ye puchegi mujhe ki main kya kar rahi hu yaha jabki puchna to mujhe chahiye ki ye churail yaha kyu hai....Huhhh)

She came to the couch where Sidharth was seated and hugged him and gave a peck on his lips. Sidharth was startled on Shehnaz' bold display of affection but she knew what she was doing, she was MARKING HER TERRITORY and giving an indirect warning to Jasmin to stay away from the love of her life as he was only and only hers to claim.

Jasmin who witnessed all this became a little uncomfortable, she was astonished at their proximity and thus decided to leave. As she went out and closed the door of the vanity, shehnaz turned towards Sidharth and there was a smirk on her face while he thoroughly enjoyed her unsaid proclamation of love.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Thanks for reading!!

I am really humbled by your encouraging words. Your votes and comments are really valuable.

Thanks a lot for showering your love for my writing.