4. Innocent or Guilty?

It was 4 am in the morning and Sidharth was lying on his bed wide awake. His mind was wandering over the thoughts of a girl whom he met just hours before but the connection that he felt with her was like, he has known her for years. He was savouring every moment that he spent with her. The conversation he had, her cute antics, her hand movements while she spoke, her cute pout - everything was flashing in his mind.

Sidharth has dated many girls in his life but there was something special about this girl. He kept on turning from one side of the bed to other but all in vain. Sleep was nowhere near until he finally decided to give up. He sat on his bed and picked up his phone from the side table. He opened and typed "SHEHNAZ KAUR GILL" and hit the search button.

Her wiki mentioned she was 26 years old and he felt his heart sinking. He didn't understand why he felt disappointed. Was he romantically attracted to her? And if he was, how would she react to his feelings towards her? Will she reciprocate? How will the society perceive his image if he choose to voice his feelings for her? She is young and talented and she will be having many options, will she see a 39 year old man as her potential partner?

All sorts of questions just clouded his mind and he felt dizzy. He deliberately silenced the chatter going on in his mind and went on to scroll further. He came to know about her life, her education, her career, her songs and also her CONTROVERSY.

He frantically opened all the tabs to get more details about what actually happened but he couldn't believe what he was reading. The girl who he felt was the most innocent and pure soul that he has ever met was actually a cunning girl in disguise who could stoop low to any extent just to garner publicity?

His brain and his heart was at loggerheads. While his brain reasoned that everything he was reading was true but his heart just didn't agree. What was the truth?

SHEHNAZ- INNOCENT or GUILTY?

Over these years in the industry, if a virtue that Sidharth has acquired was his skills of observation. Not once, his observation about a person has proved to be wrong in all these years. He was so confident about his skill but today he felt confused because What he has observed about Shehnaz was poles apart than what the media reports claimed to be true.

Sidharth switched the phone off and again lied down, trying to make sense about the new revelations about the girl that he felt a special connection with. After a long battle of thoughts, he decided to give the benefit of doubt to shehnaz because he knew how the SHOWBIZ operates and how the media sensationalises and scandalises the details of someone's personal life just to garner TRPs. Sidharth decided to believe his heart. Though Sidharth always takes decision with logic and listens to his brain but this time, his heart won over his brain.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Thanks for reading.
If you like it, please vote and comment and love to hear your opinions.