5. Shooting

The day has finally arrived. Its a new beginning for her. Today the gates have been opened for her into a completely new life. Shehnaz felt blessed to have witnessed this day. She opened her Instagram and posted a picture of Baba ji (her religious guru) with a caption "LAAJ RAKHEYO BABA JI". It was a norm for her. Whenever she started a new venture, she seeked for his blessings and today she was going to start one of the most important projects of her life. After the ostracization she had experienced following her controversy, she needed this project to be a success and she was determined to make it one. She had vowed to make a niche for herself in this industry and give a befitting reply to all those who had denied to work with her and raised questions on her integrity.

Shehnaz was sitting on the couch in her vanity, reading the script and rehearsing her lines but she was feeling anxious. She was feeling nervous because she was returning in front of camera after quite a while and was sharing screen space with experienced actors. To overcome her anxiety, she decided to take a break. She came out of her vanity and started taking a stroll of sets in order to calm her mind when she sees Sidharth and Ekta discussing something.

Shehnaz was emotionally a very aware person. More than paying attention to people's words, she picked up their vibes. This ability to read people's minds and gestures has helped Shehnaz to survive in this cruel world. Whenever Shehnaz saw Sidharth, she too felt a strange sense of familiarity. His aura commanded respect and he emitted such a positive vibe that it was casting a magnetic pull over shehnaz. So she decided to go and chat with him.

Sana: Hello Sidharth, Hello Ekta
(Shehnaz greeted both of them with a big smile)

Sid: Hello
(Sidharth too smiled back but he was somewhere feeling a little conscious because of all the information that he has gathered about her)

Ekta: Hi baby girl. How are you?

Sana: I am fine aur kya ho raha hai?

Ekta: Nothing just having a little discussion about work. All ready for the shoot?

Sana: Noooo
(She made a crying face with a cute little pout)

Ekta: Why? What happened?

Sana: Mujhe darr lag raha hai agar main thik se nahi kar paayi toh..

Ekta tried to cheer her up and motivate her and give confidence to her while Sidharth just kept on looking at her. She was such a kid and he could see his own younger self in her and he felt a sense of protectiveness for her. Her vulnerability was what attracted Sidharth towards her.

Ekta: okay Sid, I will discuss this issue with the director and get back to you. You guys prepare for the shoot. I will meet you later.

Ekta left from there and Sidharth turned towards Shehnaz.

Sid: Are you scared?
(There was a genuine concern in his voice)

Sana didn't say anything and just nodded her head in agreement.

Sid: But there is nothing to be scared of. You are talented, you will do good. When you are giving the shot, just forget about your surroundings and only stay in the moment. Immerse yourself completely into the character you are playing and you will do wonders.

Sana: But agar main lines bhool gayi toh? (Sidharth could read the fear in her eyes)

Sid: Acha, ek kaam karo...ache se practice karlo. Let's practice together. We have our first scene together. Come.

A glow came to Shehnaz' face as she was all smiles. Sidharth was the one she could confide in. Instantly she agreed and Sidharth also smiled looking her all cheerful and happy. She was a kid who would get happiness in smallest of things. An ability that people forget as they grow up. They get so caught up in the materialistic aspects of life that they are not able to experience the small moments of happiness. Sidharth too had also forgotten this art and which he wished to learn from her. He wanted to live in the present now and not worry about future anymore.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Thanks for reading.
Do vote and leave comments about what you feel.