12. I want you to be mine forever

Sana: Where are we going Sidharth? Tumne kuch bataya nhi mujhe.

Sid: wait for some time darling. Its a surprise. Bta doonga to surprise kaise rahega meri jaan.

**********

Sidharth stopped the car on a secluded beach.

Sana: Hum beach pe kyu aaye hain?

Sid: Thodi der mein sab pta chal jayega. Acha abhi peeche ghoomo.

Sidharth blindfolds Shehnaz with a black cloth.

Sana: ye kya kar raha hai Sidharth?

Sid: kitne questions puchti ho sweetheart. Thoda wait karo.

Sidharth got down from the car and helped a blindfolded Shehnaz to get off from the car as well. They walked for some time and then Sidharth stopped and opened her blindfold.

Sid: Ab tum apni aankhen khol skti ho

When Shehnaz opened her eyes, she couldn't believe what she was seeing. A beautiful awning (shaamiyaana) draped in vines and flowers. It was decorated with a white satin cloth and flickering fairy lights were adding to its beauty. The path to the awning was decorated with petals of red rose and lit with candles.

The sight of this beautifully arranged dinner date brought tears to her eyes. She didn't expect Sidharth to be such a hopeless romantic who would put so much efforts to make a day so special for his girl and bring a smile to her face. She gave him a tight hug and the two started walking towards to the dinner table.

They seated on a beautifully embellished dining table with candles and flowers arranged in the middle. Just then a man came with a sliding trolley towards them and placed a bottle of champagne and a red velvet cake on the table and left. On reading the caption on the cake Shehnaz was finding it difficult to hold back her tears. The caption read: Marry me!!

Shehnaz stood up from the table to go and hug Sidharth but before she could hug him, he went down on his knees and took out a ring from his pocket. He grabbed her hand and holding the ring in his right hand began pouring out his heart.

Sid: Shehnaz Kaur Gill, you are the best thing that has happened to me. I had never thought that I could fell so hard in love. I have been heartbroken a few times in my life and I had decided I would never give another chance to love but maybe destiny had planned something else for me and you entered my life. The day I saw you for the first time, I knew there was some special connection between us but I didn't know what it was back then. As time passed by, I fell in love with you and now I can't live without you even for a second. I want to spend rest of my life with you. I want to fight with you, laugh with you, celebrate and cherish each moment of my life with you. I want you to be mine forever. Will you marry me?

Shehnaz had tears rolling down her cheeks. She wasn't able to utter a single word and just nodded her head in agreement and Sidharth slipped the ring in the ring finger of her left hand.

Shehnaz Immediately got down onto her knees and smashed her lips onto his. They shared a passionate kiss. When they parted, Sidharth wiped tears from her face and said, "I will make sure whenever you cry, those tears are due to happiness" and they sat together in each other's embrace and the moon became the witness of this eternal love story.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Thanks for reading!!

Initially I had planned to write many chapters but then I realized something so I decided to end the story on a happy note. The reason for sudden ending I will let you know in the next update. If you like this part, do vote and comment.

Thanks for your love and encouragement. I am indebted.