9. Silence & Misunderstandings

He is driving for about 15 minutes but both of them have not uttered a single word. While Sidharth was quietly driving and sneakily stealing glances at her in between, Shehnaz on the other hand was lost deep into her thoughts and gazing out of the window. This has never happened before. Whenever they used to go together, they would keep on talking to each other. Shehnaz wouldn't stay quiet even for a second but today there was a strange awkwardness between the two. To break the silence, Sidharth switches on the FM Radio which played song 'SHAYAD' from Love Aaj Kal.

Shayad kbhi na keh saku main tum ko
Kahe bina samajh lo tum shayad

Sidharth turned towards Sana to have a glance at her pretty face. She had closed her eyes and Sidharth turned back to looking at the road again.

Shayad mere khayal mein tum ik din
Milo mujhe kahi pe gum shayad

Shehnaz had closed her eyes because she could feel every word of the song touching her heart, as if the singer of the song was voicing her feelings towards Sidharth.

Jo tum na ho rahenge hum nahi
Na chahiye kuch tumse zyada,
tumse kam nahi.

Shehnaz opened her eyes to look towards Sidharth and she caught him already looking at her. Their eyes met and they both felt a strange feeling. Was it Love? They both didn't know yet. They definitely felt something special for each other but they were not sure what it was.

When they were not able to bear each other's intense gaze anymore, they broke the eye contact. Sana scooped forward and switched off the radio which left Sidharth surprised.

Sana: Abhi gaane sunne ka mood nahi hai

She again started looking out of the window. Sidharth was surprised because Sana always liked listening to songs and would use to pester him to switch on the music system whenever he dropped her home. But he didn't say anything and quietly focussed on driving.

*************

Sidharth and Shehnaz entered the house and were greeted by Ekta with a warm hug and a big smile. "Here comes, our show stoppers"

Shehnaz didn't want to be around Sidharth because the awkwardness between them was difficult for her to handle. The silence between them was engulfing her very existence. She immediately left Sidharth's side and moved to the couch where Asim and Rashmi were sitting. Now, Sidharth was officially pissed off.

Sid's thoughts: Mere sath itni der se baat nahi kar rahi thi aur ab chali gyi apne Asim k paas. Aur ab ye Rashmi pta nhi kya nayi patti padhayegi ise. Kitni baar samjhaun iss gadhi ko ki inn logon se door rahe lekin ye sunti kab hai kisi ki bhi. Kare jo karna hai, ab iski vajah se main apna mood off nhi karunga.

Sidharth joined Vikas and Ekta on the bar counter and started chatting. Suddenly Sidharth felt a hand on his shoulder and someone was standing behind him.

Sid(in his mind): Lagta hai akkal thikane aa gyi gadhi ki
(Sidharth smiled in his mind expecting it to be Shehnaz)

He looked back and to his surprise, it was Jasmin.

Jasmin: kya poori party mein baith kar bass drink krne ka irada hai. You have become such a bore Sidharth. Come on, let's dance.

Sid: You know Jasmin, I suck at dancing.

Jasmin bent forward close to him and whispered in his ear in a seductive voice, "But you won't, when you are with me baby" and pecked his cheek as she parted. She grabbed Sidharth's hand and without even waiting for his permission, pulled him towards the dance floor. While on another corner of the room there was someone who was shooting daggers at them. 

Rashmi saw Shehnaz was pissed and she thought that Iron is red hot and it's the best time to hit it hard.

Rashmi: They both look so good together, made for each other types.

Asim: who are you talking about?

Rashmi: Sidharth and Jasmin. Haina sana?

Shehnaz didn't say anything but her blood was boiling looking at them. Jasmin's one hand was around Sidharth's neck and other on his bicep. While Sidharth's both hands were resting on her bare back. (She was wearing a backless top)

Asim: Rashmi, there were rumors that they were dating earlier. You were their co-star. Is it true?

This made Shehnaz turn her head towards Rashmi in astonishment. This new revelation fell like a bombshell on Shehnaz. She was waiting to listen to Rashmi's answer though she had already believed it to be true in her mind.

(Shehnaz ko lagta bhot hai aur issi se to shukla ji pareshaan rehte hain 😂)

Rashmi knew that there was no truth to these rumors but she couldn't let this golden opportunity to slip from her hands. She framed her answer in a way that would plant seeds of suspicion in Shehnaz' mind

Rashmi: Guys, Sidharth is a very private person. He likes to keep his personal life under wraps but what I remember is that they used to hang out a lot together. They both used to spend almost all the time in Sidharth's vanity when on shoot and used to leave the sets together in his car. Jasmin also used to stay at Sidharth's place on weekends.

Rashmi had exaggerated everything and that was enough for Shehnaz to believe that Sidharth and Jasmin were in a relationship and that Sid had lied to her earlier in the day when he said that Jasmin is just a friend. She waived to the waiter and gulped a whole glass of vodka in a matter of seconds. Rashmi smirked at her reaction as she knew she succeeded in poisoning Shehnaz' mind.

**********

Shehnaz placed 6th glass on the table after emptying it and now she was feeling light headed. She was intoxicated and wasn't even able to sit straight. She leaned on Asim while he took the benefit of Shehnaz' condition and placing his hand on her waist.

While Sidharth and Jasmin were still dancing but Sidharth's whole attention was fixated on Shehnaz' foolishness. He wanted to go and stop her but his anger wasn't letting him. He was furious on Shehnaz for giving Asim the free pass to touch her. Jasmin knew Sidharth wasn't into the dance anymore. To grab his attention she turned her head towards one side and pecked Sidharth's neck and he was taken aback by Jasmin's action. This sight was unbearable for Shehnaz. She had completely lost her mind, she couldn't take it anymore. She stood up from the couch and had tears in her eyes. She was feeling dizzy and wasn't even able to stand straight. But with irregular steps, she made her way towards the door. Asim and Rashmi tried to stop her but she was in no mood to listen. Taking the support of the walls, Shehnaz was able to move and left the house.

Sidharth was now restless. He couldn't let a drunk Shehnaz leave like this. He had to stop her. Immediately he pushed Jasmin aside and rushed behind Shehnaz leaving Jasmin dumbfounded.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Thanks for reading!

Your response to the story is overwhelming and I appreciate each vote and comment that you do.

I will try to update daily.

If you like this part, please leave a comment and vote.

Thanks for your response guys.