Excuses

You spent the rest of the night uploading the footage to your computer and working on your old project. It was seven when you found yourself in the kitchen to make some breakfast. Mark was sitting at the table, his glasses on and face buried in his phone. "Good morning!" you chimed. "Did you even sleep?" he asked as he jotted down a few notes. "No, I'm trying to get my schedule back on track," you poured two glasses of juice and handed one to Mark "Pax and Sean messed me up." "I bet he did." Mark said with a chuckle. You rolled your eyes and hoisted yourself up on the counter. "When is he heading back?" "Friday afternoon, you sick of him already? I thought you two were falling in love." You snorted at his remark "Damn you're really pushing for this aren't you?" "I just feel like there's something there between you two." He said as he put his phone down and leaned back in his chair. "Do enlighten me on your theory." You said with a smile. "I mean you two are flirty sometimes!" "Flirty or just comfortable with each other?" Mark stared at the floor, opening his mouth to speak before shutting it again. "But the car ride home from Pax!" "He was tired and fell asleep on me, you've done that to me a million times." "Okay fair, the concert?" "His way of saying thank you for all the work I put in to manage two people." "The dock?" "It was cold!" Mark let out a long sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Man I really thought you two would hit it off. Don't get me wrong I'm really glad that you guys are good friends but damn. It would have been so cute!" "Mark, you do realize he doesn't live here right?" "I try not to think of all these details." You shook your head at his final comment before heading back upstairs.

Sean POV

Sean ran his hands down his face for the hundredth time and stared back at his reflection. How hard could this really be. "Y/n would you like to go out to dinner with me? Would you like to go grab some food? No, that sounds too weird." "Hey! You like food! I like food! Let's go get some together! Okay no." Apparently this was going to be a lot more challenging than expected.