Chapter 17 : Beautiful Night

The morning was bright. The sunlight shone into the room. The air conditioner was off with the timer. The room was getting hot as the time was already 9 am. The hungover young man was still in the bed. His eyes were tightly close. Suddenly, the door was knocked by someone loudly. " Aaron ? Aaron ?!" a voice called out the young man. Aaron's sleep was disturbed.

He frowned as he tried to open his eyes. He felt annoyed by the knock and the voice. As soon as he opened his eyes, he felt like someone was crushing his head. The effects of the shots he had the night before. He felt like his head was about to explode. The knock continued together with the name call. Aaron knew he had to get up and get the door so that the person stops.

He got up slowly and walked to the door. He opened the door slowly. The brightness of the sunshine made him squint his eyes. Then he saw Ryan. " Look at you ! You look miserable ! You shouldn't have drink last night !" Ryan barked at him. He probably knew from Pete. He was worried that Aaron might get too drunk and hurt himself. Aaron didn't react to the bark and he just turned around then laid down on his bed.

" You don't even listen to me ! " Ryan followed him into the room. " Luckily Pete was there to help you," Ryan added. Aaron looked at Ryan. " Pete helped me ?" he asked. " Yes and you should go and thank him," Ryan suggested. " Now get up and take a shower," Ryan instructed. "Mmm.." Aaron nodded but still laid on the bed. " Faster or you will miss the fun activities for today !" Ryan rushed the young man.

" Fun activities ? I would rather sleep all day long with this headache," Aaron mumbled. Ryan smiled to his junior. " That's why you shouldn't drink recklessly. You will make yourself sick. Go and take your shower now ! Everyone is waiting for you," Ryan pulled Aaron's hand so that he get up. " aaaaa... Okay okay .." Aaron got up and went into the bathroom.

- At the lobby -

Everyone was waiting for Aaron at the lobby. There were Nancy, Pete and Ryan. " There he is !" Nancy exclaimed. Aaron walked with his small backpack. His headache was still disturbing him. " Let's go then," Ryan said and took his bag and Nancy's bag. Nancy followed his boyfriend from behind. Pete looked at Aaron. Aaron caught Pete looking at him.

"Umm.. thanks for yesterday. I'm sorry for burdening you," Aaron apologized. Pete put his hand on Aaron's shoulder and smiled. " Don't even mention it.. It's fine ," said the handsome man to Aaron. They went out of the lobby and followed the couple in front of them. The resort was close to a waterfall. It just took almost 10 minutes to reach the waterfall.

Nancy and Ryan was very quick with their steps as they already know the place very well. Pete was no difference. He also walked fast. Aaron was the only one left far behind. " Hey ! Wait up !" Aaron cried out. " Just move , don't care about him. Let him catch up with us ," Ryan chuckled. He wanted to tease his junior. The path to the waterfall was more of the stones and big boulders.

Pete stopped his steps and looked behind. Aaron was nowhere to be seen. They almost reached the waterfall as they heard the splashing water that gave them the excitement. " Ryan, Aaron is not behind us," Pete started to sound worried. " He should be here soon enough. Don't worry," Ryan assured the man. " But what if he's lost babe ?" Nancy voiced out her overthinking thoughts.

" The pathway is labelled with signs and arrows, so he won't be lost," Ryan tried to push away the bad thoughts. " Let's get there now, " he added and started to move forward. " Umm , you guys go first , I'm heading back to the pathway and look for Aaron," Pete was worried of Aaron's condition. " Be fast, Pete !" Nancy was worried as well but she tried not to look worried. The couple moved forward meanwhile Pete headed back to the opposite direction.

As Pete walked, he called out Aaron's name. " Aaron ! Where are you ?" he screamed out. His voice was filling the surrounding. No response from Aaron. Pete started to think about bad things that might happened. " Maybe he got bit by snake ? or slipped on the slippery stones ?" his inner voice spoke. His steps became faster and wider. He called out Aaron's name again and again.