Chapter 21 : I understand now

Early in morning the artistic golden sun got up like a baby and started painting the dark black sky into a bright blue sky. The bright looking milky clouds got up from sleep and started travelling around the sky visiting the wonderful environment. Aaron was standing at the balcony and leaned on the rail of the balcony. He couldn't really sleep. He woke up early to watch the beautiful sunrise to clear his mind but he kept on thinking about the kiss that Kai gave him. He was so disturbed by Kai's mind game.

" What does he want from me ?" Aaron asked himself. He was frustrated because whenever he's happy with Eugene, something will happen. The challenges of this forbidden love made him realized how hard it is to keep the relationship strong. He took a deep breath and released the carbon dioxide from his lungs to feed the plants to be exchanged with oxygen released by the plants for the living things. Suddenly, a warm pair of arms wrapped around Aaron from behind.

" Good morning ," Eugene whispered softly while his eyes were still closed and he rested his head on Aaron's shoulder. Aaron could sense the love sensation from Eugene's hug that made his world stopped a second. Aaron smiled and turned around to face his lover. He stared at Eugene's face for a few seconds and hugged the man. Eugene's heart was fluttering as Aaron hugged him tightly. The couple slowly moved into the living room from the balcony while they were hugging. As they reached to the sofas, they slowly laid down on one of the sofas.

" Did you sleep well ?" Eugene asked his lover as Aaron laid down on him. " No.. I couldn't sleep properly," Aaron answered. " Huh ? Why babe ?" Eugene sounded he was concerned about his lover's sleepless night. Aaron wanted to be honest with Eugene and tell him the actual reason but he was afraid that Eugene will get mad at him. " I don't know.. Maybe nervous about today's show," Aaron tried to cover up. " Don't worry babe. You are the best dancer on that stage. You can do this," Eugene encouraged his lover. Aaron smiled to his lover's statement. The morning breeze whistled into the apartment and gave them some touches like an invisible ghost.

***

The show was going to start in 2 hours. The committees were busy taking calls from the VIPs to confirm their availability. The musicians kept on rehearsing and sound checking to make the music perfect to be performed for the people who came to the event. It was a charity dinner. The university needed to find some funds from the VIPs from a lot of local and international companies to support the event. From the fund collected, it will be distributed to those who wanted to go for internship in other countries after their 3rd year.

The dancers were busy in the make up room behind the stage. Each of them have their own spot to do their make up. Since Aaron joined the club, he was taught to do his own make up. It is normal for every dancers to do make up. Aaron started off to apply moisturizer on his cleaned and washed face. After the moisturizer was dried, Aaron put on the foundation that matched his skin tone on the dark circles and some spots that he wished to cover and started to blend the foundation by using the beauty blender. After the foundation application, he took a brush and the setting powder. He used the setting powder to set the foundation with a brush.

Then, he took a brown eyebrow pencil. He just drew his eyebrows slightly just to make the volume of his eyebrows look more visible from a distance. Then, he finished the look with a small touch of red liquid lipstick on the inner of his lips to give the 'alive' look on him so that he wouldn't look like a ghost. He was done. He took less than 10 minutes to do his make up. Then, he went to put on his costume with all the accessories that were required. Beauty who was still half done with her make up looked at Aaron from a distance. " Wow ! Aaron ! You look so good ! Marry me please !" she complimented the young dancer.

" Heh ! I'm not available, Beauty. Sorry," Aaron sneered to Beauty. Beauty chuckled to Aaron's statement. Ryan passed by and stopped to look at Aaron. Aaron was still in chuckle with Beauty. " Your headgear is at the wrong angle. Fix it," Ryan said firmly to Aaron that made Aaron startled a little. " Oh.. Okay," Aaron looked at himself in Beauty's mirror to fix his headgear. Ryan walked away to put on his costume without looking back to Aaron. " Done, " Aaron looked back to check back to Ryan but Ryan was nowhere to be seen. " Aow, where did he go ?" Aaron asked Beauty who was busy doing her make up. " Don't know, maybe went to change to his costume," Beauty told the young man.