Chapter 16

My entire mind was completely fuzzy. Not to mention in just a wee bit of pain. I cracked open my eyes just enough to see the colour white. I closed them again, and then tried to peel them open. White covered the walls, the bed and even the ground.

     I made the attempt of rolling from my stomach to back, and was rewarded with a mountain load of pain.

     “You should have stayed on your stomach. Your back hasn’t quite healed itself yet.” Brian’s voice made me jump. I tilted on my body, trying to ignore all the pain. “You’re in no conditionn to  be moving around.” His voice had a warning in it.

     Of course being me, I disregarded this and sat up anyway.

     “Where am I?” i glanced around the room, taking a better look then before.

     “You’re in the imfirmary.” He said in a matter-of-factly kind of way.

     “Oh.” Now I remember. “How did I get here? Where’s Alyssa? Toby? Carter? What about the book?” questions raced themselves out of my mouth before I could stop and think.

      Brian shook his head, whether it was because of impaitences with me or amusment, I wasn’t sure. “Everyone will be back in a couple minutes, why don’t I wait for everyone? Then questions will be answered.”

     He walked to the corner of the room and sat down in a chair.

     “How long have you been here for?” I asked.

     He glanced at his watch, “Since you came yesterday. Everyone was waiting for you to wake up. The doctors weren’t sure if you’d gone into a coma or not.”

     “Oh.” Well that was that. “Who’s all coming?”

     “Your brother-”

     “He’s not my brother.” I interupted.

     “- Dylan, Kyle and Madison.” He continued as if I hadn’t spoken.

     I opened my mouth to tell him i don’t want to see Tristan or Madison, when the door opened and Dylan’s voice came loud and clear, “Is she up?”

     Brian shrugged, “Ask her yourself.”

     Dylan turned to me, and rushed over to the bedside, “How are you feeling?”

    I rolled my shoulders back, “Sore, kind of stiff.”

    He nodded as if that sounded normal.

    Behind him, entered Kyle then Tristan and Maddison.

    “So why is everyone here?” I looked from one to another. The looks on their faces were unreadable.

     When no one said a single word, I started to get worried. I sat up straighter and looked straight ahead.

     “Relax Taylor, no one is here to interrogate you.” Brian pushed his chair back and came to stand with the rest of them. All looking at me with hard looks.

     I looked at everyone, then my gaze rested on Madison.

     “You guys are all so guilble. She’s acting like she has no idea what’s going on, when really all she wants is attention.”

     “Excuse me?” I wheeled at her.

     “You heard me. You’re just putting on this act for attention. Cause apparently you don’t get enough of it.” She gave me the dirtiest look.