Chapter 17

When it didn’t come right away, like I had hoped, my mind started to wander. I was still concsious of the things around me, and yet it was as if I were dreaming.

     At first I wasn’t sure what my mind was thinking about. Everything was clumped together like a piece of clay, ready to be molded into a figure, but soon it started to clear out.

     A rainbow was the first thing that caught my eyes. Beautiful colours portrayed the sky. It was the brightest and most clear rainbow I had ever seen. Maybe it had to do with being in Neon?

     I switched my eyes from the sky to the ground.

     I was at a park. Wind whipped through my hair. Tree branches swayed from side to side. Birds chirpped, dogs barked, and not a cloud in the sky.

     I looked from the roads to the play ground. Smaller children were running around the base of the play ground, looking as if they were having the time of their life. I flicked my gaze over to the soccer fields. I set my eyes on someone that was running after a ball.

     Thinking maybe I knew the person, I jogged up to the field.

     I was right. I did know the person. As it turned out it was Cody.

     And just a little down the field from him was the whole gang. Tiana, Samantha, Kristina and Roger. Playing a game, three on two. Kristina and Roger againsr Sam Tiana and Cody. When I was ‘alive’ I evened out the teams, so we did three on three.

     Well, when I was on earth I wasn’t able to go and play with them. But this isn’t earth. So why not go play a game? It’s been too long.

     As i jogged up to the field I called out, “You guys want some help? You know, maybe even it out a bit?”

     I smiled while I saw everyone’s face light up. they forgot about the game and ran over and piled on me.

     “Ohmigod! Is it really you Tay? Tell me it’s you!” Tiana squealed.

     They climbed off of me, making a circle around me. All eyes were on me.

     “We all thought you were gone.” Roger said, agreement went around the circle.

     “Well I’m not dead, never was. I was... away. But now I’m back, at least for a little while so let’s not drag upon the past. Let’s play a game.” I broke out  from the circle and ran towards the ball. Picking it up with my feet and dribbling around.

     When I realized no one had followed me, I looked up at my friends. They looked like they didn’t know what to do.

     My friends walked over to me. “You really should go see your parents. They’re worried sick about you.” This coming from Samantha.

     My hands on my hips, I shook my head, “I don’t think you guys understand. I’m not staying here, I’ve got to go back soon, so let’s stop dreading and play a game of soccer.”

     “Go back where?” Cody asked.

     “It doesn’t matter where; just the fact that I’m here now and this is the only time. Let’s forget about it and go play.” I started to dribble the ball again, and slowly, one by one they started to join me.

     It wasn’t long before we got a scimmage going. Tiana, Samantha and Cody against me, Kristina and Roger. My team was winning by two.

     I kicked the ball forward to pass to Roger who faked out Tiana and stirked right by Samantha and scored.