Chapter 11

“Taylor!” Tristan yelled. I heard him get up.

     “No! Sit down. If we want to save her we have to work our spells. Understand?” I could hear Brian flipping through pages and pages, until he stopped. “Tristan, come stand beside me. Dylan you will have to go through the wall and get Taylor out of there, alright? Tristan, read with me, we’re bringing down the wall’s force. You will feel a slight sting as you go through but not enough to kill you.”

     They started saying words. I couldn’t understand it, it was complete gibberish.

     My mind started blanking. I could feel the sudden lift in my chest as I tried to breath. It was light, and short. I soon felt hands pick me up. I cried out.

     A ripping pain shoved its way up into my shoulder. Fresh new blood dripping down me. Feeling dizzy and light I opened my eyes, I almost cried out. I could see something making its way up my arms into my shoulders. Numbness crackled through me. I squinted my eyes as the room started to fade in and out.

     “Stay with us Taylor, don’t give up.” Dylan whispered into my head. His breath was hot and quick. He waited, standing there holding me while blood dripping down us, for Brian to tell him what to do.

     “Alright Dylan,” His voice came out quick and calm, “I want you to step slow through the force. It will hurt a little more than before. Taylor, be ready. The pain will continue as it is.”

     He took a deep breath and slowly walked through the force. He grunted as he entered, I on the other hand, screamed as the ripping pain strolled its way into my abdomen, blood releasing from everywhere.  

     Finally the pain stopped. We were through. I opened my eyes as the ripping pain relished from my stomach. Dylan handed me to Tristan, and collapsed.

     I looked at him. His face and body were covered in blood, my blood. His eyes looked pained and sad. I think I saw a hint of guilt. He turned his eyes away from me, looking at the ground where he sat.

     I tried to get a breath of oxygen. Taking a small breath and exhaling, my pulse quickened.

     “Taylor, are you alright?” Tristan was looking at me worriedly.

     Today I had been attacked by a demon that almost ripped me to sheds, I enter a dream that affected me and started to rip me apart. Was I really alright? Living like this, knowing that everything in my life has changed for good and I can never go back. Physically I was not alright, but mentally, I made peace with my future. I tried to smile without making much movement within my body, “Am I alright? That’s a stupid question for someone that’s bleeding and feeling like they’re being ripped to pieces. I’m alright meaning that I’m glad to be alive.” I earned a smile from my brother.

     “Glad to see your sense of humor hasn’t been ripped out of you.” He walked out of the room, me still in his arms, “I’m going to heal you to perfection, okay? It’ll hurt though. Dylan, Brian, Meet me down in the library in five.”

     He walked down a short but narrow hallway. Pictures of people covered the walls. He stopped at a doorway. It opened into a set of winding stairs. With every step Tristan took, you could hear the metal clanging under his feet. I started to feel sick. The twisting of the stairs was enough to make you dizzy. Finally he reached the bottom.

     The stairs landed us into a large sized room. Shelves covered with books covered the walls of the room. An ancient looking computer and desk stood in the center of the room, a little behind that was a bed.

     Tristan walked steadily over to the bed, and slowly and carefully put my down on it. I cried a bit as the ripping sensation started up again in my stomach. I closed my eyes trying to control the pain. Taking deep breaths, I tried to push the pain from my mind.