Chapter 23

“Taylor.” I turned my head to the side. Pain washed throughout my body. I came to the conclusion that if I didn’t move, I wouldn’t feel any of the pain.

     Josh looked at me with such concern it was frightening. “Hold on Taylor I’m going to get help for you. Just hold on.”

     I was going to ask him how he would do that, but then I remember Dylan was in the room too. I closed my mouth and shut my eyes and pictured my brother, Tristan. I hoped that the guys found Alyssa and Carter and that they would leave the forest safely.

     I watched as Josh disappeared into the shadows and prayed that he’d hurry. Being stuck in a room with Dylan was creepy enough, just thinking about what he would to do was almost traumatizing.

     I looked over a Dylan and studied him closely. He was still a good looking guy, he looked the same. Actually, he looked better, like he’d just gotten out of the spa, all goomed and cleaned. Maybe his face hadn’t changed much, but his personality that had.

     I mentally kicked myself; it wasn’t his fault he was like this. He was under Reminous’ influence. “Taylor, how are you? You have seemed to have gotten away, you and your friends. But no matter, you’re here now and you’re not leaving anytime soon.” He took out a dagger and threw it at me. I tried to dodge it, but the burning chains kept me in place, and the dagger landed right in my abdomen.

     I gasped loudly, and sucked my breath in steadily. Dylan watched me for a moment before walking over and pulling the dagger from my skin. It hurt more coming out then it did going in. Blood started to drip down me.

     He stopped moving and looked at me. His eyes never leaving mine, and with one step he closed the gap between us. He brought his face closer to mine and before I had the chance to pull away he kissed me.

     It wasn’t passionate or anything. It was hard and cold.

     I didn’t know what to do, how to stop what was going on. My mind started wheeling. I had no idea how to get him to stop, so I did the first thing that came to mind; I bit him. The next thing I knew, the chains broke and I fell to the floor.

     He stepped back holding his mouth. “You stupid bitch, you know, I had nothing against you, I even started feeling sorry for you, But Reminous is right. It’s either me or you. And I’m way too valuable for this type of thing.” He winked and gave another deadly smile.

     Dylan’s large hands grabbed under my armpits and lifted me up. He shifted me into his arms like he did the night we were attacked- and carried me from the room.

     I held perfectly still as he carried me- afraid that he’d do something even worse if I started to struggle. I watched as he walked out of the room and these runes following us. I wasn’t sure that they were runes, but something told me they were.

     He took me outside. I could tell because I felt a cold breeze flown over my body. He shifted me from his arms and dropped me. I landed on a cold rough and stony surface. I looked up and found we were in a coliseum type thing, maybe more of a stadium. His shoes crackled with every step away from me. “Good luck.” Was all he said as he re-entered the building at a near wooden door, then reappeared a few minutes later on top of a balcony with Reminous.

     “I thank you all for coming” Reminous’ voice echoed throughout the stadium. A crowd’s applause started to form. There were so many people sitting out there watching me. My stomach twisted in pain and fear.

     Reminous continued on for a minute or so, saying how this is a fight to the death and he was sure I’d lose. When he’d finished talking a loud explosion sounded and the crowd went wild again.