Chapter 15

It wasn’t long before Alyssa and I were walking down the main street in Vibrant, Neon’s Capital. Everything was in Vibrant, the huge malls, five star hotels and resturants.

     I was only here once before but I could navigate pretty well. I knew how to get to Tyler’s Diner, to the store where I first met Tristan, and to the cell block.

     “So are you sure you want to go?” I asked, hoping she’d change her mind.

     “Are you kidding? I’m dying to see what earth looks like. We are definitely going.”

     “Alright.” I said quietly.

     I may have been able to remember the layout of Vibrant, but I could barely remember the layout of the cell block. Luckily Alyssa knew her way around.

     The cell block was like a dark maze. Every turn led somewhere new. I followed Alyssa down a straight hall, lit with only candle lights.

     “We’re here.” She said.

     I turned my head back the way we came, then look forth at the huge wooden double door the stood in front of us. “Alright.” I mumbled and pushed the door open.

     At first I didn’t know where I was, then I realized we were in the waiting room outside of his office. I vaguely remembered it, as we walked up to the receptionists desk.

     She had her back to us, and was on the phone, “Yes I understand, but there’s not much I can do to help you.” her voice was all nasally. She waited for the person on the other end to reply.

     “Uh-huh. Ya. Yes. I see. Well, I’m sorry Aj. Next time think twice about stealing something that isn’t yours. Call your father or something, because I’m not bailing you out, nor am I going to talk to your principal. Your on your own mister.” she hung up the phone.

     Huh, what I nice mother, I thought.

     She turned back around and began going through the papers at her desk.

     I cleared my throat, “Uhm, excuse me.”

     She looked up a me, “Mmm, yes sweety?” her nasally voice was sweet and polite, totally different from when she was talking to Aj.

     Her name tag read, Angelina. She had dark brown hair that was streaked with gray at about chin length. Her green eyes were cold. And her eyelashes were falling off her eye. Sorry, maybe I should say, fake eyelashes.

     Her skin was very pale, and with a light set of freckles all over it. It made her big red, and plushes lips stand out. I think she had some kind of botox done.

     “Hi, I’m Taylor, and this is Alyssa,” I motioned to Alyssa that stood behind me and didn’t make a sound. “We’re wondering if we could see Reminous.”

     She had gone back to flipping through her papers. She didn’t even look up, “No.”

     I took a deep breath. “Well, I’m sorry to inform you, Mrs. Angelina. But this is important. I’m from Earth, and I really need to talk to Reminous about it.” It was a small lie. But still it was the half truth.

     She stoped going through her papers and looked up at me, “Hunny, I understand your predicament, I really do, but theres nothing I can do.  He doesn’t want to see anyone that doesn’t have an appointment. So back off.” She hissed the last words.

     Well then, that’s just going to suck for him, cause either way he will be seeing me. Appointment or not.

     I was tired of this non-sense. Anger was blazing within me.