Chapter 1

Hey so it starts off kind of slow, but it gets interesting soon! Hope y'all enjoy it.

Comment and vote!

-Samaily

     “Runner’s to your marks.” I knelt down.

     “Get set.” My muscles tensed.

     “Go!” The gun sounds and I’m off.

     My feet gain speed with every step. I’m third place now, but I know I can take this home. I leave the two girls in front of me a huge gap between us. I’m not at my full out sprint but that’s okay. It’s fun to have them think they’re winning, when really you’re letting them.

     As we round the first corner one of the girls start to slow down, letting me close the gap between us.

     The track starts to straighten out and I start to lose some speed. I’m still in second place, and from the silence behind me I’m a good ways away from the other girls. All that’s left is me and the girl in front of me. I’ll let her think she’s winning for a little longer.

     Now, I’m in a full out sprint. As we’re getting closer to the next turn, I can see my coach and a few of my team mates. They’re all standing around the high jump pit watching and cheering.

     I look up and see me and the other girl are neck in neck.

     I’m so going to take this home.

     As we start to round the corner, my coach, and team mates are still cheering for me. I don’t know what that does but it gave me some more energy to run. I start to pass her. As we finish the turn, and straighten out, I’m in lead.

     Oh yeah, I can do this, just a little while longer.

     “Go Taylor!! You can do it!” 

     I don’t even have to look over to know it’s my best friend, Carter Carrins. Her voice is being carried away slowly in the passing breeze.

     I give a wicked smile, and with my last bit of energy I push it as hard as I can. I can hear the screams and cheers around me. I can feel the stones of the track underneath the soles of my shoes. I can smell the breeze of fresh air that has just been whisked away by the wind. But most of all, I can see the finish line.

     Fifty meters to go; I can do this. It’s right here, I can see it. People are cheering. Some are even cheering for me. But others are cheering for Megan.

     Wait, I passed Megan at the start, I thought, there’s no way she can be up here with me. 

     But sure enough, when I took a quick glance to my left there she is. I lose a bit of speed doing that, and I curse mentally.

     Twenty meters left and we’re still together. Okay, just give it everything you have. After that thought, the race was finished.

     I’m huddled over with a cramp in my stomach from that sprint. My eyes are closed, and I try to think of something other then the race I just ran. I can feel a bit of sweat on my forehead right above my left eye brow. I can feel the adrenalin wash off me. I’m not shaking as much anymore.

     Then I opened my eyes. I’m looking at my very badly worn out runners.

     I seriously need to talk to mom about getting me some new ones.

     I start to straighten up and see my best friend running at me.

     I smile, what else is there to do? She has the best smile in the entire world. Not to mention she’s freaking beautiful.