Chapter 14

I just about flew fifteen feet in the air. My heart racing, I turned to the alarm clock. Six twenty. I took a deep breath, slowing my pulse as I tried to center myself. No use.

     I looked over at Alyssa. She was still sound asleep. Making tiny puffing noises as she slept.

     I pushed my feet over the side of the bed, and slipped off.

     Still feeling jumpy, I decided I’d go have a shower. It’s been a while since I had one.

     I turned the taps on to burning hot. A really hot shower was sure to make me feel better. I stepped in, and let the water soak my body.

     I was in for a while, when I turned off the tap, and dried myself off. I dressed in some clothing of Alyssa’s that were left outside the washroom.  I guess someone was up.

     After I dressed, I went to brush my teeth-it was within the clothing that was waiting outside the washroom.

     It felt so good to be clean. I wasn’t exactly gross and dirty looking before the shower, but it was just that feeling you get when you feel all grubby.

     I brushed my teeth and hair, putting it up into a high pony tail. Then looked at my face. Dark circles were sketched around my eyes, but not as bad as what they were before. My face got some colour back, and I don’t know if it were just me, but even the gash along my face, looked a little smalled then it did the day before.

     I lifted up my sleeves to see the other scars. They looked the same. Actually some looked even bigger. Anger flared through me and I scratched at them, trying to remove them from my body.

     At last, I gave up, mostly because my stomach started to growl, and walked down stairs to the kitchen.

     The house was quiet. I didn’t think anyone was awake yet, so I tried to be a quiet as I could. I opened the cupboards and grabbed a cup. Then poured myself some orange juice.

     “That’s not all your gunna have is it?” I almost dropped my cup.

     I turned and looked at Kyle.

     “I was planning on it, why? Please don’t tell me your going to make me eat something. I hate eating in the mornings.”

     He shrugged and sat down at the table. He was dress casually, his blonde hair was still a bed headed mess. I walked over and sat down with him.

     “Breakfast is the most important mean of the day. I really think you should eat. Here, I’ll make us some eggs. Sound good?” He got up and walked swiftly over to the fridge and grabbed a box of a dozen eggs, then set out for the stove.

     “But I’m serious, I don’t eat breakfast.” Or lunch, or dinner sometimes.

     “Well, were gunna change that.” He shot me a knowing look.

     I sighed, “There’s no way you’ll let me go if I don’t eat?”

     He didn’t even look back at me, “Nope. And your going to eat everything I put on your plate.”

     “Well I hope you have a small spoon.” I muttered to myself.

     Ten minutes later we were sitting at the table eating scambled eggs.

     “Ya, you’re really not that hungry.” I was almost done the huge plate of eggs he put in front of me.

     I put down my fork, and picked up my juice.I took a big sip, then placed it down. Then I had a shiver. I put my hands up to my sleeveless arms and started to rub.