Chapter 3 : Unknown Idol(?)

3 | 10:24 a.m.

Maybe forgetting my umbrella was the best decision I've ever made. Seeing his timid and quiet character all over his home made me stare at him longer. He was not loud nor messy yet he seemed laidback in his nature.

Yet there was something so sad and painful about him.

Something that made my heart ache.

He seemed to love the rain a lot, and he seemed to treasure these days too. He found happiness in the cradle of such a gloomy weather and it made me wonder so much about him.

That revelation itself made me feel like he was a very sentimental person.

"Good morning, Jaehyun." He shyly greeted, a smile forming on his lips as he stood there on my door.

I nodded, "Come in."

The condominium was mostly untouched. The owner of the building didn't bother to throw out all the equipments and the furnitures at all. They were still here as they last were. I could remember what he said about it.

'Someone asked it to be untouched.'

'Why?'

'Well, he said it was a sign of respect. It wasn't as if I was planning on throwing out the stuff there. The last owners were to be respected, it just....it didn't end well.'

I didn't know what that meant.

But it seemed that the last ones who lived here were people who were clearly generous and nice to the others who lived around here.

So, here I was on cleaning duty. I had asked him why he even decided to sell it and told me that maybe it was finally time to let someone make use of the abandoned room.

As soon as we finished cleaning up and having a few building caretakers pull out the furnitures and equipments out, we cleared every single nook and cranny of the big condo and throughout that long span of time, I had learned a lot more about him.

His name was Taeyong which by the way, fits him so well. He loved the rain—knew that. He had a Siberian cat named Ellie. He loved coffee yet preferred hot chocolate on cold days. He was a dance major and performed competitively however he was chosen as theatre actor since junior year because of his acting skills from his English subject plays so he played a a main character for the opening ceremonies of his school.

He also loved the color white and had a liking for mixing up his style in clothing. He loved to travel however he was mostly tired of it since he flew a lot due to his competitions. He had a best friend that worked at a nearby café, Ten.

"Wait, you know Ten?" I asked, looking up from my job as scrubbing the floors.

He looked down from the stool he stood on, "Uh, yes?"

"Wait, then that means you know Johnny?" I asked, my brows meeting on my forehead in confusion.

If he knew Johnny then that means he knew me. Besides there was no way no one fucking knew me. Me and Johnny were basically stuck to the hip. I haven't visited Ten's working place often due to schedules but I've never seen Taeyong there.

"Well, yes. Those two were fucking lovebirds everytime I visit. Isn't Johnny part of a famous group?" He asked, finally doing his work again.

My mouth opened in surprise.

"Wait, you don't know me?" I asked hesitantly.

He stopped again and looked at me as if I had grown two heads, "If I knew Johnny, what would that have to do with you?" He shrugged his shoulders.

He looked away again.

Wow, ego crushed.

"Well, I'm part of that famous group that Johnny is in. I'm surprised you don't look at Google or Youtube as much as I expected you to."

He turned his head to me so fast that I could literally hear the small crack it made. It didn't look like it bothered him though, maybe through his trainings?

"Wait, what?"

I didn't answer. I'll let him find out on his own.

"Okay first of all, you kinda do look like an idol. Second, I look at my Youtube basically everyday, just not subscribed to kpop stuff as much as I probably should."

I sighed, "That's surprising for a dancer like you. Not in a bad way."

"Okay, okay, I get it. Can you like tell me some of your songs? I might be able to recognize them." He suggested, scrubbing the walls faster, stuck on a stain that barely even got removed.

"Superhuman, Cherry Bomb, Simon Says—"

"Ohh! You're that group!" He shouted, a smile forming on his lips.

I laughed.

"Well, at least you know some of our tracks." I said, it was barely even possible to not know a single song of us. We were booming all over the internet, especially since we've travelled a lot these days.

(A/N : Might I tell you guys, this is just a fanfiction so I might add or remove some groups as well. Maybe. You guys might kill me but yes, NCT is bigger here than it is in real life.)

"Well I love your songs a lot. I usually dance to them during my free time." He added, finally removing the stain that he's spent minutes on.

I nodded, "What do you think of them?"

He hummed, organizing his thoughts properly, "Well, I think that they're very different. It's a unique type of sound as well. Maybe that's why your songs got stuck to me because they're so different from the others. Besides your choreographies are way diverse than others. You guys have some weird ass style in choreos. Makes you even more unique than other groups."

I smiled.

It was nice to hear from a genuine review about our music. I was proud to show it off because I knew that we were different and we worked hard to be different.

After a long day of cleaning and finally finishing up, we both decided to relax in his condo to cool down. I decided to just test the waters and see if it would work.

"Taeyong?"

"Hm?" His head popped out from his room where he went on and fed his cat.

I felt myself smile as I stared at his cute face. His hair was all over the place due to the various work that we've done. He was puffing out his cheeks with air, looking at me with his big doe eyes.

"Would you go out on a date with me?"

He blinked one. Twice. Before a big smile overtook his face.

"Well, I'd love to see you try."

[N/A]
Damn, as a dancer, I follow a lot of youtube channels but I know a few teammates of mine that follow channels that literally have no connection with dance(not that it's a bad thing) like for example, mukbang, ASMR or National Geographic. #confused
How was chapter 3?

Please like, comment and share!🥀