Chapter 28 : What is This Madness?!

28 | 4:16 p.m.
A/N : This chapter is focusing on the views of the media and the netizens. You may skip it however to make things a bit clearer, it is here to prove a point. These posts and threads will show the reactions of different strangers on the internet.

It will focus on another stranger that I will use as a main character for this chapter💁🏻‍♀️.

..............................

"Have you seen it?" Jihyun asked, pushing her brown hair over her shoulder, the school uniform hugging her tall lean form perfectly. I nodded, "I did! I couldn't sleep last night trying to see all the posts and stuff." I answered, passing my fingers through my hair.

Facts.

A few days ago, during January 1, Jaehyun posted an Instagram post about his 'undying love' for someone and I swear, if the people were already crazy with all the recent rumors about Taeyong, Jaehyun and Yeri's dating stuff— this sent the people in a whirlwind. Especially since Taeyong just got injured right after the secret drop, a few days before Jaehyun's declaration because of some annoying disrespectful people so you could say that the kpop fans are all on fire right now.

Even I was confused, mad, curious, surprised that I went speechless.

In a span of two months, there was a lot going on.

"I mean, Jaehyun and Yeri looks good together." My best friend shrugged and I scrunched my nose at her, "Really, Jihyun?"

She gave me the look and rolled her eyes.

"They look okay to me. Just not ideal." I commented.

"Why do you think so?" She asked back and I shrugged this time, pulling my bag straps on tighter, "Jaehyun doesn't feel like a guy who dates, you know? Like a heartthrob that everyone likes but can't get."

She didn't answer as we continued to walk towards the expensive café where we usually hung out. Not to brag but we lived off wealthy families which was why we studied at an expensive private school as well.

It was just a matter of how we were spoiled.

"Wait, where's Arina?" The brown haired girl asked, her eyes looking around and searching for our Russian best friend.

"Emergency, maybe?" I mumbled.

"I swear, if she skips because of stupid reason, I'm gonna shave her whole head off."

I blinked my eyes at her, "Jeez, no need to get so violent."

"Well, her Russian family is very violent! Did you see her dad's tattoos?!" She gasped and I squinted my eyes at her, "You're a fucking racist."

Jihyun only laughed, patting my arm.

"But he is daddy material." She threw me a wink and my jaw fell so hard as I stared at her in complete horror.

"Jihyun?!!"

Someone coughed behind us, "Excuse me, it's my dad you're talking about."

I turned my head, giving Arina a sheepish smile, "Arina! I'm sorry, Jihyun needs to get laid." I whispered in her ear, pulling her closer to me to avoid any sort of violence.

Jihyun snickered, "If he wasn't so rude, I'm so ready to be your stepmom."

Arina gagged and I could only laugh louder, "Dude, ew. That's fucking disgusting. If dad heard you, he'd burn me alive for being friends with you." Arina commented.

Jihyun grinned, her sharp eyes looking straight at Arina's green eyes whose freckles were noticeable with the bright sunlight, giving her skin a nice glow.