Chapter 10.

"Remind me again why we're doing this in the first place?" A deep voice speaks walking down the stairs with another pair of foot steps walking along.

I feel my heart start to throb against my rib cage, trying to escape.

"Cause we were paid to do it you fucking retard!" The other deep raspy voice says. "Now shut the fuck up and let's find the boy and kill him."

My whole body freezes, and I suddenly feel like crying. I wish I had my mum with me, whenever I would feel scared she word comfort me. Too bad it will never happen again.

"I saw the kid run down the stairs." The man says walking into the kitchen, setting a object down on the island. "I didn't hear the front door or back door open, so he hasn't left yet."

"I wonder where the little prick is." The raspier voice grumbles.

I feel like the sound of my hearts beating is going to give my hiding place away. If not my breathing. I need to find a better hiding place, but with those men there I'm not able to move.

"But did you really have to kill the cat?" The other voice says.

"I hate cats." He chuckled evilly. "They're a waste of air, I hope they all die."

I frown at the words. How can someone possibly hate cats? I shake the thought out of my mind and look over the counter a bit, seeing the two men with their backs to me.

This is my chance.

In a swift motion, I quietly get up from my hiding spot, and manage to move around the guys without being noticed.

I finally make it to the back door, and I hurriedly open it. I'm free.. I'm actually free.

Suddenly I bump into a male with dark blue eyes, wearing all black. My heart literally stops beating.

I'm done for.

It's over.

"Louis?" Someone suddenly shakes me awake. I jump out of my spot, feeling my heart rate speed up. I look frantically around, but I soon calm down seeing a familiar pair of green eyes looking back at mine.

There stands Harry, hovering over my bed with a concern look on his face.

"I-I what happened?" I ask right after I feel my breathing going back to normal.

"I should be asking you that." Harry says lying down next to me. Suddenly I feel safer with him here.

"The dreams." I say.

"What about them?" He asks, turning his attention over to me.

"They're about you."

Harry looks confused for a moment. His eyebrows forwarding in concentration at the ceiling above. I watch as he licks his lips and parts them open to talk. "What are the dreams about?"

"I don't know honestly.. I'm guessing the way you died that night." I frown, grabbing my blanket and hugging it closer to my body, suddenly feeling cold.

"Are you cold?" He asks, changing the subject.

"Not really, just a shiver or two." I shrug, turning to face him. "So you don't know anything about the dreams?"

"No.. I'm sorry." He sighs. "Anyway Lou, you should really get some sleep."

"I don't think I can go back to sleep." I sit up on my bed. "Can we talk? maybe that will put me to sleep."