Chapter 2

J I S O O 

Lisa and the others are flying back to Seoul today. Joohyun wanted the wedding held in our hometown. Chaeyoung and Jennie are Joohyun's bridesmaids. They flew here for the fitting of dresses, checking of venues, signing of papers, and a whole bunch of stuff the engaged couples do.

I'll be meeting my dongsaengs today, and I'm sure they are well. That's all I ever wanted, my friends to be happy. I want to give them the world. I want them to smile every day. I'm more than willing to pretend if that's what they need me to do. I can't ruin our maknae's special day. They can even ignore me for the rest of my days, It'll hurt, but that's fine. As long as they're happy, I won't mind.

"Chu, they're here." I heard Seulgi's voice call out. I smile because I know what's waiting for me once I turn around.

"Thank you," I said as I took the rose that Seulgi was holding out for me. This time, it was a single red rose.

"Always," She replied. 

Precious moments to enjoy,

Before all will take a turn.

Where all good in life

Will without; notice crash and burn.

A red rose is an unmistakable expression of love. 

~~~

"Nice of you to finally show up," Joohyun's voice echoes through the room as I arrive inside the living room, where everyone is gathering.

"Of course, it's my sister's special moment in life." I smile and glance at the people who still have a place in my heart.

Seulgi and I are seated on the other couch to discuss the wedding and other preparations. I tried my best to keep up with what they were saying. I even stole glances at the three ladies in front of me. They have grown; I heard Jennie became a successful model, Chaeyoung is now a famous singer, and Lisa is handling a business. I smile because we've always talked about their dreams and looked at where they are now. Young and successful.

I wanted to be an actress. Due to unfortunate events in my life, I couldn't. So I decided to be a writer. I've published a few books but not enough to gather people's attention. I am currently working on a book full of poems. I hope to finish it because I don't have time left.