Chapter 6

Note: I would like to apologize for any misinformation that may occur unintentionally.

=====

J I S O O

All it took was one mistake to change my life forever. How many times have plans carefully planned drifted away when faced with problems? My condition was something I didn't prepare for; After a year of being diagnosed with this illness. I realize that I don't need to plan every moment of my day. I decided to let go of the stress. I don't have to continue setting myself up at such a hurried pace. It can be such a waste draining too much energy I have left. I'll have to be myself and face what today will bring each day. I'll take time to relax, laugh, talk to people I have left, and spend time with my family.

It's the fourth year of living with Leukemia. No matter how hard my family and the doctor smiled at me every check-up, I knew I was getting weaker as the years passed. I chuckle; I remember how I broke my family's happy faces when I suddenly broke the news and how my life fell apart.

flashback

Four years ago, Lisa and I were engaged. Everything felt perfect at that time. I was finally spending a life with the love of my life, and my family was proud. Although Joohyun and I didn't get along from time to time, I knew she didn't mind one bit of my life. But that didn't matter. We were happy with what we had.

But I began to experience constant nose-bleeds, bruising, and weight loss. I hid it from Lisa and the other girls and went for a check-up. I was devastated by the news and went to tell my parents months after.

When I got home, mom and dad celebrated Joohyun's success in becoming a doctor. Despite her not being there, the family celebrated through a simple dinner in the house and face-timed Joohyun. By the time they finished talking since Joohyun had to celebrate with her colleagues. I decided to drop the bomb.

"Mom, Dad." I nervously called. All their attention was on me as the atmosphere grew silent. "I hate to break this day's celebration, but I have some unpleasant news."

Seokjin furrows his eyebrows. My hand was shaking but looking into their eyes. They told me to continue what I was about to say. Never have I ever; told my family anything dreadful.

"I've been diagnosed with mom's illness," I choked a sob and heard dropped utensils creating an unpleasant sound when they hit the plate. My mother's family has a history of suffering from Leukemia. Mom suffered too. But luckily, she survived.

"F-For how long?" Seokjin asks.

I closed my eyes for a second and inhaled deeply, "S-Seven months," I said, and that was enough to make my mom and dad get all teary.

"We need to find you a doctor fast." My mom says as I see tears forming in her eyes. Seeing your mother cry is something you do not want to experience because it hurts more than anything. I knew that she was half mad for not telling them sooner.

"From now on, you'll be staying with us until we get you cured," She cries and grabs her phone. Dad does the same while Seokjin leaves his seat to comfort me.

"Jisoo, why didn't you tell us sooner?" I see the hurt in her eyes.

"I w-was scared," I explain.

"I've already lost so much; I can't lose you too, Jisoo." She croaks. I feel bad for mom. She lost her closest aunt and sister from having the same illness. A daughter is going to be ten times the damaged.