Chapter 19

L I S A

I sat up rather rashly as I struggled to catch my breath. I realized that I was sweating. My heart thumped as I remembered that awful dream. I turned to my side and sighed in relief when I saw the love of my life peacefully sleeping.

The sound of the waves near the white sand shore got me even more awake. I turned to the window and saw the sunrise; The light filtered as it glowed in the skies. I took a deep breath and held onto her hand. 

She's here—alive and breathing.

I stared lovingly at her face. The way her chest rose and fell as she breathed in and out of her slightly parted heart-shaped lips. I brought a hand up and tucked a strand of hair covering her beautiful face. Jisoo's hair has grown. It has been two years since she has healed, thanks to Joohyun's cells. Thankfully, there weren't any complications when Jisoo slept for days after the transplant.

I exhaled a deep breath as I remembered the dream. It felt so real that I was about to lose myself. I thought I was going to lose Jisoo again. I slowly sat and leaned in to kiss her on the lips. I deepened the kiss, and she slowly responded with a groan. Now that she was awake, I pulled away to see her looking sleepily at me.

"Good morning, Love," I say and kiss her cheek, earning a giggle. She groans as I wrap my arms around her, and soon she wraps her arms around me.

"Don't go back to sleep,"

"Noooo~" Jisoo whines as I start pulling her up.

"Come on, we're about to prepare for Joohyun's birthday," I explain, and she sleepily extends her hands out. "What are you doing?" I ask, smiling widely.

"Kiss," She pouts, I lean in to kiss her again, but she traps me with her not-so-long arms. "Love, you know I am stronger than you," I smirk.

"Can we stay for a few minutes, please?" She asks, burying her head.

"Anything for you, love." I kiss her forehead.

"I love you." I grinned when her voice got muffled by my clothes. 

~~~

"You made it!" Joohyun's loud voice got heard all over the living room as we entered the house to celebrate her birthday.

"Wouldn't miss it for anything, Sis," Jisoo replies as they hug. Joohyun looked at me with a big smile, and I couldn't help but give her a genuine smile.

It's been months since we last saw each other because Joohyun fled to California to finish her job before settling back here in Jeju. She just moved in a few weeks ago. Jisoo and I have been living together since she got home from the hospital. Dara and Seunghyun traveled around while Seokjin landed a job at a famous firm.

"Where's mom and dad?"

"Right here with our first-ever grandchild!" Seunghyun happily exclaims as he appears carrying Sunghoon. And yes, Seokjin is now married and a father of an eight-month-old baby.