Chapter 16

L I S A

"She needs you, you know," She starts, and my heart pounds painfully. She stood right next to me as I remained in my position nervously.

"How do you even know? If anyone should be beside her right now, it's you," How can she say that? Seulgi deserves to be with her after everything she did for Jisoo. For three years, she stayed for her while we were talking unforgivable words at Jisoo, which weren't even true in the end.

"Because she still loves you, Lisa," She smiles. "It kills me to say this, but it's true."

A lot of things are on my mind right now. I bit my lip and tried my best not to cry. "You deserve her more than me," I mumbled.

Seulgi shakes her head. "That doesn't mean anything when she loves you more than me."

"But don't you love her?"

"I do, and I'm willing to do everything for her happiness, even if it means losing her."

"This isn't fair for you. After everything." I sobbed and clenched my fists tight. I was too stubborn to accept.

"We weren't even together, to begin with; It'll be fine, Lis," I widen my eyes.

"W-What? Why?" I ask, not able to believe that they weren't together. Even strangers could see that they were like a couple.

"She still loves you, idiot," She chuckles. "How many rejections will it take for you to see that she loves you?"

Damnit, just god fucking damnit.

"Please take care of her,"

Joohyun's words were coming back to me. They both know that Jisoo needs me. They are willing to let go for her sake, and I shouldn't be wasting any more time and get on with it. What happened with Jisoo back in the ICU scared me, and it felt like a warning.

I still love her, and she needs me right now.

"I will. I promise I'll be there for Jisoo."

Seulgi smiles and pats me on the shoulder. "If you ever hurt her, you know what's coming," She says, and I nod.

~~~

J I S O O

I couldn't move. I felt numb, and I couldn't feel my pulse. I want to push myself awake, but I'm afraid I cannot. It felt like I was frozen, motionless, immobilized. Slowly, images appear around me. Then multiple image spring from every direction. My heart began to race, and my breathing was rapid and shallow.

Memories of everyone whom I love and care for deeply were everywhere. My eyes roam around. Mom, Dad, Seokjin, and Joohyun were there. Seulgi, Jennie, Chaeyoung, and Lisa were there. It's as if I'm being shown a memory with image after image. It was our happy moments together and the painful moments.

I try to close my eyes, but everything won't stop. I am standing in space. I am watching everything I love and everything I desire circle around me.

Then I see her, my Lali.

She is standing in front of me. I am reaching for her, but I cannot move. I am calling for her, but I cannot speak. I looked at her, but she was looking past me. Her eyes were glassy. Her fingers are fidgeting. The edges of her mouth were quivering.