Chapter 13

That night at the station, I'll be honest. I was scared. Scared for the possibility of being thrown in jail. Scared for this all be set up by Noah. Scared for Niall to get overly angry. Just scared. Even though my dad was a deadbeat, he was pretty wise. He once told me, that in life, you take risks, and without them, we would be living in bubble rap with a styrofoam house. He said to live a little, have a life, get drunk, loose your virginity, cliff dive. Do all those things, then do them again. Because we sure as hell know, God only gave us one life. He told us to live it well.

I guess I should go by those words, live up to them, seize them. To not live in fear. To enjoy life. To seize life.

Officer Daryll came in for questions and interrogations. Niall went first, then me. He started off with the simple "How's your day going?" Was he serious? Did he not notice the throbbing black eye I have? "Fine, you know, except for the fact I have a black eye." I felt bad for disrespecting a man of the law, so I quickly recovered by saying, "Sorry officer, I'm just stressed out." I guess he understood because he skipped to the next question. "So, what exactly happened?" I explained from when we walked out of the door to when he actually showed up.

"I guess it adds up, I have 6 stories saying the same thing. All but one of them, but I presume you can estimate which one that is." He told me and a wave of relief rushed over me. "Well, I'm guessing that the story that doesn't submit to the others is Delilah's, sir." He nodded. No surprise there. "With all due respect, sir, but may I leave?" I politely asked. "Of course."

Niall stood up as soon as I walked out. "How did it go?" He looked nervous, scared almost. Like me. "He said all but one story added up." I said looking at her sitting down, in her little whore dress, picking at her nails as if there was nothing wrong. "Delilah." I nodded. "I'm so sorry princess. She's my ex from a long time ago, she won't leave me alone." He apologized. It made sense. He wasn't the greatest of guys before we met.

He gestured me to come over on the chair with him. I saw him take a peak over at Delilah to make sure she was watching. I looked. She was. I felt a quick pang of jealously but realized he's mine. No one else's.

I curled up to him real close. We were in quite the awkward position. My head on his chest, my butt on his thigh, my legs extending over two chairs. My back was pressed against the arm bar, his chin was rested against my head and his arm wrapped around my waist and under my spine. I looked up and he looked down.

"Will we be okay?" I asked. I was scared. I've never been interrogated before. "Princess. We're always okay."

Officer Daryll walked out with the verdict. "None of you will be going to jail tonight." He was pointing the boys and I. "Although you," he said pointing to Delilah, "Will be spending a night in prison. Don't worry it's only a holding cell." She jumped up, dropped her phone, and screamed "What! But how! She attacked me!" She screamed, glaring at me all the while. "I have enough evidence to prove it was an act of defense." he calmly stated. She rolled her eyes and said a measly "Whatever."

That night, Niall held me close. He stayed close to me the whole night. "I love you." He whispered. "I love you too." I said back without hesitation. Because it's true. He is my first true love, because so far he's proven himself so far and hasn't wronged me in anyway.

He pushed himself up. "No I don't think you understand. I love you to the moon and back. I'll love you til' the sun stops shining. Til' the earth quits spinning. Aaron, you're my everything, and I'm sorry I dragged you into my shitty life." Niall confessed.

"Niall, I know, I know, and just so you know. The feeling is mutual. It's always mutual. It will always be mutual. And I don't regret entering your shitty life. Id rather live a hundred years with you in this risky life, then spend one day with out you in a perfect one." I said all the while hugging him tight. I looked up at him. He looked down at me. I reached up to kiss him. He reached down to kiss me. In this messed up world, In this messed up life, I still find my serenity.